Kevin Costner quotes
“In my younger days, I used to pick up sluts, and I don't mean that nastily. It's more a term of endearment, really, for girls who know how to speak their minds.”
“You're no general. You're not even a good painter.”
“- Dr. Molly Griswold: There's no such thing as semi-platonic.
- Roy McAvoy: Well there ought to be.”
“- Eliot Ness: I want to get Capone! I don't know how to do it.
- Jim Malone: You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way! And that's how you get Capone.”
“- Roy McAvoy: There's only one other acceptable theory about how to hit the ball.
- Dr. Molly Griswold: Oh, boy, well, I'm afraid to ask. What is it?
- Roy McAvoy: Grip it and rip it.”
“- Frank Hamer: How'd she fall in with an outlaw like Barrow?
- Deputy Ted Hinton: Bored to tears. Along come Clyde in a fine car, by the time she found out the car was stolen, she was already in love.
- Maney Gault: Ain't that romantic. I met my wife she was milking a prize Devon at the Oklahoma State Fair, I can't imagine anybody writing a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“People don't always know who they are, until it's too late.”
“- Maney Gault: How many bullets you got in you?
- Frank Hamer: Sixteen, I think.
- Maney Gault: It might be good to have a doctor look at you sometime.
- Frank Hamer: It might be good to have a doctor look at you sometime.
- Maney Gault: I ain't got no bullets in me.
- Frank Hamer: Because I was covering you.”
“- Frank Hamer: You know, your boy may not have been... born with a dark soul, but he has one now.
- Henry Barrow: You're not hearing me, mister. I'm trying to say something. It ain't easy for me to say. I know there's only one way that this thing is ever gonna end. And I'm asking you, please... just end it now, damn it. End it for my family.”
“- Jane Aubrey: What if my face was all scraped off and I was totally disfigured and had no arms and legs and I was completely paralyzed. Would you still love me?
- Billy Chapel: No. But we could still be friends.”
“- Ben Randall: When the heck did we get old?
- Maggie McGlone: I've always been old. I mean if my muscles ache, it's because I've used 'em. It's hard for me to walk up them steps now, its 'cuz I walked up 'em every night to lay next to a man who loved me. I got a few wrinkles here and there, but I've layed under thousands of skies with sunny days.”
“- Sonny Weaver Jr.: Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
- Coach Penn: Your opinion. He plays in my system.
- Sonny Weaver Jr.: He doesn't block!
- Coach Penn: I don't need him to block, I need him to run! Which he does, like a bat out of hell. Which takes the pressure off of my offense. Okay? I got fifty-two Tarzans in that locker room; I could...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Theresa Osborne: What if you got mad at me? It's a small boat.
- Garret Blake: I don't like fighting, Theresa. Bowling either.”
“Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together.”