“Fried Green Tomatoes” quotes(1991)
Plot – Evelyn is a frustrated woman due to the indifference of her husband. She makes friendship with Ninny, an elder who lives at the local retirement home who tells her the story of Idgy and Ruth, occured many years before. The two friends used to run a restaurant near the railroad and their specialities were the fried green tomatoes. Idgy was a rebel and wild girl who convinced her friend Ruth to leave her violent husband. The woman in fact married against her will, only to keep her baby.
All actors – Kathy Bates, Mary Stuart Masterson, Mary-Louise Parker, Jessica Tandy, Cicely Tyson, Chris O'Donnell, Stan Shaw, Gailard Sartain, Timothy Scott, Gary Basaraba, Lois Smith, Jo Harvey Allen, Macon McCalman, Richard Riehle, Raynor Scheine, Grace Zabriskie, Reid Binion, Afton Smith, Danny Nelson, Nancy Moore Atchison, Constance Shulman, Nick Searcy, Haynes Brooke, Ginny Parker, Tres Holton, Ronald McCall, Wallace Merck, David Dwyer, Lashondra Phillips, Kathy Larson, Missy Wolff, LaTanya Richardson Jackson, Grayson Fricke, Enjolik Oree, Genevieve Fisher, Tom Even, Bob Hannah, Ted Manson, Carol Mitchell-leon, Evan Lockwood, Suzi Bass, , Paul Armbruster, Jacob Avnet, Michael Burgess, Todd Eller, Bill Ewin, Fannie Flagg, Shelby Hofer, Barry Hopkins, Teretha G. Houston, James Mayberry, Shannon McCrory, Bob Penny, Leonard Shinew, Drew Wilkins, Marion Williamsshow all
“Fried Green Tomatoes” Quotes 22 quotes
“Don't you ever say never to me!”
“A lady always knows when to leave.”
This is from the Bible, it's from the Book of Ruth. And Ruth said: "Whither thou goest, I will go. Where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people”.
“- Evelyn Couch: That's a low cholesterol meal. Happy Valentine's.
- Ed Couch: God! Are you trying to kill me?”
“- Evelyn Couch: Ed... If I'd answered the door wearing only cellophane, would you still be watching the baseball game?
- Ed Couch: No, honey, I'd probably be checking you into a loony bin.”
“I don't know what's worse, church or jail?”
“- Idgie Threadgoode: It's a boy!
- Reverend Scroggins: I think a little prayer of thanksgiving would be in order.
- Idgie Threadgoode: God dammit to hell, son of a bitch, she did it! Here's to Ruth.”
“- Evelyn Couch: I can't even look at my own vagina!
- Ninny Threadgoode: Well I can't help you on that one honey.”
“Secret's in the sauce.”
“Face it ladies, I'm older and I have more insurance.”
“You a politician, or does lying just run in your family?”
“I'm too young to be old and too old to be young.”
- Buddy Threadgoode: Think about all the millions of oysters lying around on the bottom of the ocean. Then one day, God comes along and he says "I think I'm gonna make that one different”. And you know what he does? He puts a little piece of sand in it. And guess what it can do that the others can't.
- Idgie Threadgoode: What?
- Buddy... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Idgie Threadgoode: I can't believe he swore on the Bible!
- Ruth Jamison: Well, if that judge had looked any closer, he'd have seen that it was a copy of Moby Dick.”
“A heart can be broken, but it will keep beating just the same.”
“You are absolutely, unconditionally, positively the most stubborn person I've ever known in my life!”
“My daddy always used to say there was a separate god for children.”
“You're just a bee charmer, Idgie Threadgoode. That's what you are, a bee charmer.”
“I guess you already know that there are angels masquerading as people walking around this planet.”
“I found out what the secret to life is: friends. Best friends.”