Stockard Channing quotes
“The greater the pain the harder the recovery.”
Would we visit you and sit in your gorgeous house, planning visits to the townships, demanding to see the poorest of the poor? "Oh, are you sure they're the worst off? I mean, we've come all this way. I mean, we don't want to see people just mildly victimized by apartheid. We demand shock". You know it doesn't seem right, sitting on the East... (continue)(continue reading)
“It's fascinating to realize how fragile we human beings really are. When you think you're about to die an interesting thing happens. You slowly scan how you have lived or not lived your life. Something we should all do without having a gun pointed to our heads. To live as if we were about to die. To die as we would want to live.”
“When I was younger I thought I was an artist, and inspiration would just come to me.”
“I lead a very boring, normal life.”
“She experienced something joyous but then had it turned into something dirty with the judgement of the outside world and by her own judgement of herself. She stopped the experience out of fear and insecurity, an insecurity she felt her whole life just like the rest of us. But for one brief moment she lived and hopefully there's no going back now.”
“If a man ever bought that for me, not only would I have sex with him, but I would enjoy it!”
“- Bess: You have a visitor in there, a Miss Sophie De Vega.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Pretty?
- Bess: Prettier than me, but I'm easier.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: I'm saving you for the rainy season.”
“- Marty: Do you think these glasses make me look smarter?
- Rizzo: No, you can still see your face.”
“- Jane Applegate: If you don't eat your dinner, you can't have dessert.
- Richard P. Applegate: Did someone say dessert?
- Jane Applegate: I happened to find a pile of rancid trash in the dumpster behind the 7-11.”
“I read somewhere that everybody on this planet is separated by only six other people. Six degrees of separation between us and everyone else on this planet. The President of the United States, a gondolier in Venice, just fill in the names. I find it extremely comforting that we're so close. I also find it like Chinese water torture, that we're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Carol Ann: Women don't have Adam's Apples, only men have Adam's Apples. The first night that you came to town I noticed that you had yourself an Adam's Apple.
- Vida: Then, then you know?
- Carol Ann: I know, that I am very fortunate to have a lady friend who just happens to have an Adam's Apple.”
“I guess there are such things as happy endings. If you just stand still long enough to let them happen.”
“- Ouisa Kittredge: Everything is somebody else's.
- Paul: Not your children. Not your life.
- Ouisa Kittredge: No, you got me there. That is mine. That is nobody else's.”
“- Paul: I'll be treated with care if you take me to the police. If they don't know you're special, they kill you.
- Ouisa Kittredge: Oh, I don't think they kill you.
- Paul: Mrs. Louisa Kittredge, I am black.
- Ouisa Kittredge: I will deliver you to them with kindness and affection.”
“- Rizzo: Where are you goin'? To flog your log?
- Danny: Much better than hanging around here with you dorks.”
“My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage!”