Elijah Wood quotes
“Dream the impossible because dreams do come true.”
“So much time is wasted on trying to be better than others.”
- Sam: If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.
- Frodo: Come on, Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to".
“What are we, in the sixth grade? I'm not going to eat this.”
“- David Waters: [sees Jim smother a lemon wedge with tabasco sauce] What's that for?
- Jim Stone: Have you ever tried it?
- David Waters: I can't say that I have.
- Jim Stone: Well, you take this one, and I'll take the other.”
“- Kaulder: You wanna quit?
- Dolan Thirty-Seven: No. I want a raise!”
“- Stokely: Body Snatchers is a story somebody made up, dingus. It's located in the fiction section of the library.
- Casey: Yeah, so is Schindler's List.”
“- Records Clerk: I'm going to call the sheriff.
- David Waters: I'll give you $100.
- Records Clerk: Okay.
- David Waters: [stunned silence] O-okay... You know, you're lucky this investigation is so well funded.”
“- Huck Finn: You're the best friend I ever had, Jim.
- Jim: You're the only friend I ever had...”
“- Frodo: What do you want?
- Aragorn: A little more caution from you; that is no trinket you carry.
- Frodo: I carry nothing.
- Aragorn: Indeed. I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.”
“- Frodo: What news of the outside world? Tell me everything.
- Gandalf: Everything? You are far too eager and curious for a Hobbit. Most unnatural.”
“- Dolan Thirty-Seven: I’ve waited my whole life for the opportunity to help you.
- Kaulder: Well now’s your chance.”
“When you're an adult, you have to kind of know who you are.”
“I think being different, going against the grain of society is the greatest thing in the world.”
“In the absence of love, there is nothing worth fighting for.”
“I definitely don't look my age. So I actively look for roles that will help people change their perception of me.”
“- Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
- Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Frodo: I can see the Shire. The Brandywine River. Bag End. The Lights in the Party Tree.
- Sam: Rosie Cotton dancing. She had ribbons in her hair. If ever I were to marry someone, it would have been her. It would have been her.
- Frodo: I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things.”
“- Stan: It must really blow being you.
- Casey: You have no idea.”
“- Frodo: Where are you taking us?
- Aragorn: Into the wild.”
“- Willard Young: I'm always afraid of things. I don't know why, but I am. And I just thought if I did something that really scared me, maybe I wouldn't be afraid anymore.
- Lily Reed: Did it work?
- Willard Young: Yeah... it did.”
“- North: How can Labor Day be next week? I just got here.
- Sleigh Driver: You walked from your house to the ice flows right? It's a ten week walk, even with the wind at your back.
- North: No wonder we stopped for lunch 49 times.
- Sleigh Driver: It's that six months of daylight thing. It throws everybody off. I myself only showered 12 times...” (continue)(continue reading)