Joe Mantegna quotes
“For every Mother Teresa, there's a Jeffrey Dahmer.”
“- Fred: You know you could give up the game, and that would be all right with me. In fact, I want you to give it up.
- Josh: But I can't.
- Fred: Why not?
- Josh: Because I have to play. I have to.”
“To die is poignantly bitter, but the idea of having to die without having lived is unbearable.”
“A sincere artist tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing.”
“- Eddie: No problem, fellas. It ain't a hole. It's a tunnel. And what's every tunnel got?
- Norby: Ooh! Don't tell me! I know, I know, I know. It's uh…
- Veeko: Tollbooth at the end.
- Eddie: Are you always this stupid, or do you do this just to annoy me?”
“But we're still in somewhat a Puritanical society in a lot of ways.”
“I mean, believe me, I'm not for censorship.”
- Michael Corleone: If someone is going around this city saying, "Fuck Michael Corleone", what do we do with a piece of shit like that? He's a fuckin' dog.
- Joey Zasa: Yes, it's true. If someone were to say such a thing, they would not be a friend. They would be a dog.
“- Billy Halleck: Richie, you're not going to hurt anybody, are you?
- Richie Ginelli: No. But Billy, if I'm gonna help you with this, you don't get to ask that question again.”
“You say I acted atrociously. Yes. I did. I do it for a living.”
“- Norby: Eddie, what else did Mary's little lamb do?
- Eddie: Didn't he put, uh, Humpty Dumpty back together again?
- Veeko: That was Nat King Cole.
- Eddie: Nat King Cole stuck his finger in the pie and yanked out the bird.”
“You can't bluff someone who's not paying attention.”
“- Ada Kurtzman: Your father says you're not going out dressed that way.
- Ben Kurtzman: And I'm not changing.
- Ada Kurtzman: He says he's not changing.
- Nate Kurtzman: I wanna talk to Hitler.
- Ada Kurtzman: He has a swastika on his arm and big black boots! He's wearing big black boots! He came down the stairs in them with swastikas all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Robert Garrett: Miss Carlson, you stated that you handcuffed Andrew Marsh before having sex with him the night of his death.
- Rebecca Carlson: It wasn't before. It was during.”
“There's nothing sexier than a lapsed Catholic.”
“Tom Dale. Big star. He's in New York filming an adaptation of a sequel of a remake.”
“He's better at this than I've ever been at anything in my life. He's better at this than you'll ever be, at anything. My son has a gift. He has a gift, and when you acknowledge that, then maybe we will have something to talk about.”