Joe Mantegna quotes
“Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.”
- La trovi in Celebrities on other topics
“For every Mother Teresa, there's a Jeffrey Dahmer.”
- From the movie: Searching for Bobby Fischer
“- Fred: You know you could give up the game, and that would be all right with me. In fact, I want you to give it up.
- Josh: But I can't.
- Fred: Why not?
- Josh: Because I have to play. I have to.”
“If you win, say nothing. If you lose, say less.”
“I remained too much inside my head, and ended up losing my mind.”
“The internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand—the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”
“We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.”
“Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
“Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future. And we are all mortal.”
“To lose a child is to lose a piece of yourself.”
“To a father, nothing is dearer than a daughter.”
“To die is poignantly bitter, but the idea of having to die without having lived is unbearable.”
“A sincere artist tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing.”
- From the movie: Baby's Day Out
“- Eddie: No problem, fellas. It ain't a hole. It's a tunnel. And what's every tunnel got?
- Norby: Ooh! Don't tell me! I know, I know, I know. It's uh…
- Veeko: Tollbooth at the end.
- Eddie: Are you always this stupid, or do you do this just to annoy me?”
- From the movie: Homicide
“It's called a confidence game. Why? Because you give me your confidence? No. Because I give you mine.”
“But we're still in somewhat a Puritanical society in a lot of ways.”
“I mean, believe me, I'm not for censorship.”
- From the movie: The Godfather Part III
- Michael Corleone: If someone is going around this city saying, "Fuck Michael Corleone", what do we do with a piece of shit like that? He's a fuckin' dog.
- Joey Zasa: Yes, it's true. If someone were to say such a thing, they would not be a friend. They would be a dog.
- From the movie: Thinner
“- Billy Halleck: Richie, you're not going to hurt anybody, are you?
- Richie Ginelli: No. But Billy, if I'm gonna help you with this, you don't get to ask that question again.”
“You say I acted atrociously. Yes. I did. I do it for a living.”