Companionship quotes193 companionship quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Let's take what we have while we live. I have never had so much as now. All my life I've been alone. Many times I've faced my death with no one to know. I would look into the huts and the tents of others in the coldest dark and I would see figures holding each other in the night. And I always passed by. You and I, we have warmth. That's so hard...” (continue)(continue reading)
“For those of you who may not know, this is the final resting place for six members of the 1970 Thundering Herd. The plane crash that took their lives was so severe, so absolute, that their bodies were unable to be identified. So they were buried here. Together. Six players. Six teammates. Six Sons of Marshall.”
“If we stick together, all of us, we'll win.”
“Now we came here today to remember six young men and sixty-nine others who will not be on the field with you today, but they will be watching. You can bet your ass that they'll be gritting their teeth with every snap of that football. How you play today, from this moment on is how you will be remembered. This is your opportunity to rise from...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Peter Pevensie: Are you with me?
- Oreius: To the death.”
“- Nate Ruffin: Coach, that... was my team. They left it in my hands.
- Jack Lengyel: No... no, they did not. They just left.”
“- Matthew Harrison Brady: Why is it, my old friend, that you've moved so far away from me?
- Henry Drummond: All motion is relative, Matt. Maybe it's you who've moved away by standing still.”
“- C.C. Baxter: It's a wonderful thing, dinner for two.
- Fran Kubelik: Do you usually eat alone?
- C.C. Baxter: Oh no. Sometimes I have dinner with Ed Sullivan. Sometimes Dinah Shore, or Perry Como. The other night I had dinner with Mae West. Of course she was much younger then.”
“Only one is a wanderer; two together are always going somewhere.”
“- Jacob Kowalski: Are you going somewhere?
- Newt Scamander: No. We're going somewhere.
- Jacob Kowalski: Genius!”
When I first joined the Corp, I was just like you. Worse, I was nobody. But that woman we laid to rest today, Mako Mori, she said: "Whoever you are, the minute you enter this program, you join a family. And no matter what they do, no matter how stupid they may act sometimes, you forgive them and you move on". So you start believing that, in... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Troy Maxson: It's not easy for me to admit that I've been standing in the same place for eighteen years!
- Rose Maxson: Well, I've been standing with you! I gave eighteen years of my life to stand in the same spot as you!”
- Dave York: Oh. Alright. Well, guess what. There is no sin. No virtue. It’s just shit people do. They trained us to kill people and risk our lives doing it. And then one day, you get a call saying they’re done with you. “Thank you for your service. Here’s a plaque”. You need a job? Good luck. You need medical insurance? See the VA. One day,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Frederick Funston: These are insurrectos! And I'm Major Funston! You killed some of my men!
- Capt. Bucky O'Neil: Major Funston! I can't take it back. We're all going the same place, now let's get there together!”
“If we all work together, we can make our dreams come true.”
“From that moment on, the girl was a member of our pack. I liked her. Plus she smelled like biscuits.”
“- Boyd 'Bible' Swan: Welcome to the Army, Norm!
- Grady 'Coon-Ass' Travis: You did good. Best job I ever had!
- Boyd 'Bible' Swan: Best job I ever had!”
“- Aaron Altman: I just wanna be alone this time.
- Ernie Merriman: It's ok. I'll go with you.
- Aaron Altman: Thanks.”
“Everybody has somebody and all I've got is my boyish good looks and this Mariachi band.”
“We started off together, didn't we? Well, we gotta keep going along together.”
“I don't know what he can do to save us. But I do know that as long as there is a single breath left in his body he will not give up and neither can we.”