Plot – Like many newlyweds, Ray and Polly Cutter decide to go to the Niagara Falls during they honeymoon. There, they meet a couple going through a difficult period: the husband, George, lost all his money after a bankruptcy and has retuned ill from the Korean War. His wife, Rose, keeps mocking and cheating on him. Rose persuades her lover to kill George, but during the fight her husband emerges victorious. Looking for revenge, he plans a way to kill his wife.
All actors – Marilyn Monroe, Joseph Cotten, Jean Peters, Max Showalter, Denis O'Dea, Richard Allan, Don Wilson, Lurene Tuttle, Russell Collins, Will Wright, , Henry Beckman, Harry Carey Jr., Bill Coontz, Robert Ellis, Howard Engel, Neil Fitzgerald, Gloria Gordon, Patricia Henderson, Winifield Hoeny, George Ives, Arch Johnson, Lester Matthews, Sean McClory, Norman McKay, Audre Monture, Patrick O'Moore, Tom Reynolds, Willard Sage, Bert Stevens, Minerva Urecal, Nina Varela, Gene Wessonshow all
“Niagara” Quotes 6 quotes
- Polly Cutler: Goodbye Mr. Starkey, and thank you.
- Inspector Starkey: I know you've seen enough of the falls for one trip, but don't cross us off your list. Goodbye.
- Ray Cutler: Goodbye, and my thanks.
- Inspector Starkey: I bet that was the first time anyone ever used "scuttle it" as a prayer.
- Ray Cutler: And had it answered.
“- George Loomis: Let me tell you something. You're young, you're in love. Well, I'll give you a warning. Don't let it get out of hand, like those falls out there. Up above... d'you ever see the river up above the falls? It's calm, and easy, and you throw in a log, it just floats around. Let it move a little further down and it gets going faster,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Why should the Falls drag me down here at 5 o'clock in the morning? To show me how big they are and how small I am? To remind me they can get along without any help? All right, so they've proved it. But why not? They've had ten thousand years to get independent. What's so wonderful about that? I suppose I could too, only it might take a little...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Customs Officer: How long do you plan to be here?
- Ray Cutler: Three days.
- Customs Officer: Honeymooners?
- Polly Cutler: That's right.
- Customs Officer: That isn't liquor you have in that case under your coat, is it?
- Ray Cutler: Uh, books. I'm going to catch up on my reading.
- Customs Officer: Reading!”
“- George Loomis: You smell like a dime store. I know what that means.
- Rose Loomis: Sure. I'm meeting somebody, just anybody handy, as long as he's a man! How 'bout the ticket seller himself? I could grab him on the way out, or one of the kids with the phonograph. Anybody suits me. Take your pick.”