Marilyn Monroe quotes
“I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made.”
“I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.”
“Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.”
“I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.”
“Say good-bye to Pat, say good-bye to Jack and say good-bye to yourself, because you're a nice guy.
[Marilyn Monroe to actor Peter Lawford].”
“I restore myself when I'm alone. A career is born in public; talent in privacy.”
“Sex is nature, and I believe in going along with nature.”
“Dorothy, please, a lady never admits her feet hurt.”
“Diamonds are a girl's best friend.”
“- Mr. Esmond Sr.: Say, they told me you were stupid! You don't sound stupid to me!
- Lorelei Lee: I can be smart when it's important.”
“Don't you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn't marry a girl just because she's pretty, but my goodness, doesn't it help?”
“- George Loomis: You smell like a dime store. I know what that means.
- Rose Loomis: Sure. I'm meeting somebody, just anybody handy, as long as he's a man! How 'bout the ticket seller himself? I could grab him on the way out, or one of the kids with the phonograph. Anybody suits me. Take your pick.”
“- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: Isn't water polo terribly dangerous?
- Junior: I'll say. I had two ponies drowned under me.”
“In Hollywood, a girl's virtue is much less important than her hairdo.”
“Story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.”
“- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: I met one of them.
- Joe: One of whom?
- Sugar Kane Kowalczyk: Shell Oil Junior. He's got millions, he's got glasses, he's got a yacht!
- Joe: You don't say.
- Jerry: He's not only got a yacht, he's got a bicycle!”
“Real diamonds! They must be worth their weight in gold!”
“Men who wear glasses are so much more gentle, sweet and helpless.”