“On the Basis of Sex” quotes(2018)
Plot – Ruth Bader Ginsburg is one of the nine women who was accepted into Harvard law University in 1956. Despite her talent and knowledge, she gets rejected by all law firms for being a woman. Supported by the progressive lawyer Dorothy Kenyon, she accepts a controversial case of gender discrimination. Against all odds, Ruth wins the trial that will mark an important precedent in the legal history of the US.
All actors – Felicity Jones, Armie Hammer, Justin Theroux, Sam Waterston, Kathy Bates, Cailee Spaeny, Jack Reynor, Stephen Root, Chris Mulkey, Gary Werntz, Francis X. McCarthy, Ben Carlson, Ronald Guttman, Wendy Crewson, John Ralston, Karl Graboshas, Arthur Holden, Angela Galuppo, Geordie Johnson, Jeff Lillico, Callum Shoniker, Joe Cobden, Sharon Washington, Warona Setshwaelo, Arlen Aguayo-Stewart, Holly Gauthier-Frankel, Tom Irwin, Alexandra Petrachuk, Paul Spera, Aiza Ntibarikure, Patrick Ryan, Matthew Gagnon, Julie Trépanier, Marina Moreirashow all
“On the Basis of Sex” Quotes 10 quotes
“A court ought not be affected by the weather of the day, but will be by the climate of the era.”
“- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Which one makes me look more like a Harvard man?
- Martin Ginsburg: I’m thrilled to report that you look nothing like a Harvard man.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Seriously, it’s the dean’s dinner, Marty. You know how I am at these things. I need to make a good impression.
- Martin Ginsburg: And you will, Kiki, but you’ve got it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: There are laws that say women can’t work overtime. And that a woman’s social security benefits, unlike her husband’s, don’t provide for her family after death.
- Student Protestor #1: What?
- Student Protestor #2: Excuse me?
- Student Protestor #1: That’s bullshit!
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Ten years ago, Dorothy Kenyon...” (continue)(continue reading)
“These are laws written by men who think we are privileged to be excused from men’s obligations. But it is not a privilege, it is a cage, and these laws are the bars!”
“Let us go around the table, and each of you ladies report who you are, where you're from, and why you're occupying a place at Harvard that could have gone to a man.”