Gender quotes75 gender quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Aliens
“- Private Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
- Private Vasquez: No. Have you?”
- From the movie: The Legend of Billie Jean
- Putter: Is that a boy or a girl?
- Lloyd: Girl, Joan of Arc. She dressed up as a man and led the French in fighting the English. She heard voices, "stop being a peasant", "France needs you", "the truth needs you". And she won, she beat the English, but then...
- Putter: Then what?
- Lloyd: The French, burnt her, alive!
- From the movie: Hackers
“Never send a boy to do a woman's job.”
- From the TV Series: Atypical
“Who are we to tell somebody what gender expression works for them. That’s not my choice and it’s certainly not the school’s choice.”
- From the TV Series: And Just Like That...
“Ah, Che as in the first three letters of Cheryl.Yeah, I dropped the r-y-l. I mean, do I seem like a Cheryl?”
- From the animation: The Breadwinner
“When you're a boy, you can go anywhere you like.”
- From the TV Series: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
“I feel more myself in boy's clothes. Actually, Dad, I don't think I'm a girl at all.”
“I’m arguing a case. Sex discrimination violates the EqualProtection principle.”
“- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: There are laws that say women can’t work overtime. And that a woman’s social security benefits, unlike her husband’s, don’t provide for her family after death.
- Student Protestor #1: What?
- Student Protestor #2: Excuse me?
- Student Protestor #1: That’s bullshit!
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Ten years ago, Dorothy Kenyon...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Performance
“- Pherber: Did you never have a female feel?
- Chas: No! Never! I feel like a man! A man - all the time.
- Pherber: That's awful. That's what's wrong with you, isn't it?
- Chas: What do you mean?
- Pherber: A man's man's world.”
“The word ‘actress' or ‘authoress' always struck me as condescending. A doctor's a doctor, right? So I've always referred to ‘actors' and ‘writers,' regardless of their sex.”
- From the movie: Transamerica
“- Bree: God, my cycle's all out of whack.
- Elizabeth: You don't have cycles!
- Bree: Hormones are hormones. Yours and mine just happen to come in purple little pills.”
- From the movie: The Crying Game
“- Fergus: The thing is, Dil, you're not a girl.
- Dil: Details, baby. Details.”
- From the movie: Daddy's Home Two
“His total lack of masculinity, I mean his weak chin and soft underbelly bothers you not a bit?”
- From the movie: Boys Don't Cry
“- Sheriff: Why do you go hanging out with guys, you being a girl yourself? Why do you go around kissing every girl?
- Brandon: I... don't see what this has to do with what had happened.
- Sheriff: I'm asking you all these so that when I speak to the jury, they're going to want some answers, so I have to know exactly what is going on. Now, are...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Pink Panther
“- Nicole: Would you like me to stay behind and help you?
- Clouseau: That is a generous offer, Nicole. But I am quite sensitive to office gender politics. And in today's world, the slightest gesture can be misinterpreted as harrasment. And it is late, and I would prefer not to put you or me into that delicate situation.”
- From the movie: Undercover Blues
“- Lt. Theodore 'Ted' Sawyer: Oh, cute baby! Boy or girl?
- Jeff Blue: Gosh, I hope so!”
- From the movie: The Jerk
“For one dollar, I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.”
- From the movie: Transamerica
“- Elizabeth: I miss my son.
- Bree: Mom, you never had a son.”
- From the movie: Jurassic Park
“- Malcolm: How do you know they can't breed?
- Wu: Because all the animals in Jurassic Park are female. We've engineered them that way.”
- From the movie: Terminal Velocity
- From the movie: Medicine Man
“- Dr. Rae Crane: You send me back on the basis of my gender. That's called sex discrimination. Look, I understand your reservations. I heard about your wife.
- Dr. Robert Campbell: My wife? Good God, she left me. I wish you'd follow her example.”