Duty quotes130 duty quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“She wouldn't let death get in the way of her job.”
“- Sir Godfrey Tibbett: Another wealthy owner?
- James Bond: Who knows? But she certainly bear closer inspection.
- Sir Godfrey Tibbett: We're on a mission!
- James Bond: Sir Godfrey, on a mission I am expected to sacrifice myself.”
“What is your duty to a country? Do you follow it blindly? Or do you challenge your country to be better and stand up to the ideals that all men are created equal and everyone deserves equity, not just equality?”
“- Norris: Are you attempting to tell me my duties, sir?
- Marlowe: No, just having fun trying to guess what they are.”
“- Ben M'Hidi: All right. You're in charge.
- Djafar: If I were in charge, you wouldn't be in Algiers now.
- Ben M'Hidi: Duty first?
- Djafar: Caution is best.”
“We aren't madmen or sadists, gentlemen. Those who call us Fascists today, forget the contribution that many of us made to the Resistance. Those who call us Nazis, don't know that among us there are survivors of Dachau and Buchenwald. We are soldiers and our only duty is to win.”
“You have a mission. Serve well, and with honor.”
“I'm the goddess of love! If I don't do this, I am nothing!”
“It is my duty to fight for who I... for the things I love.”
“I owe you nothing! If you carried that bag a million miles, you did what you were supposed to do because you brought me into this world, and from that day you owed me everything you could ever do for me, like I will owe my son if I ever have another.”
“For their courage I nominated these men for the title of hero of the Soviet Union. But the committee ruled that because it was not wartime, and because it was merely an accident, they were not worthy of the title of hero. What good are honors from such people? These men sacrificed, not for a medal. But because when the time came, it was their...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Almásy: Could I have a cigarette?
- Hana: Are you crazy?
- Almásy: Why... why are you so determined to keep me alive?
- Hana: Because I'm a nurse.”
“- Janek: No matter what happens down there, I can't bring none of that shit back home with us. Can't let it happen. And I'll do whatever I have to to see that it doesn't.
- Elizabeth Shaw: Make sure you do, captain.”
“For revolutionaries, danger must never outweigh duty.”
“- Alastair Campbell: Well, at least the old bat's finally agreed to visit Diana's coffin.
- Tony Blair: You know, when you get it wrong, you really get it wrong! That woman has given her whole life in service to her people. Fifty years doing a job she never wanted!”
“- Pinocchio: Am I a real boy?
- The Blue Fairy: No, Pinocchio. To make Geppetto's wish come true will be entirely up to you.”
“I don't wanna put any undue pressure on you, but as you march off to do your duty, I want you to keep one thing in mind. Dead men do not buy dog food!”