Constitution quotes19 constitution quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Simon Wilder: The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed. The beauty of the Constitution is that it makes no set law other than faith in the wisdom of ordinary people to govern themselves.
- Prof. Pitkannan: Faith in the wisdom of the people is exactly what makes the Constitution incomplete and crude.
- Simon Wilder:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Juror #2: It's hard to put into words. I just think he's guilty. I thought it was obvious from the word, 'Go'. Nobody proved otherwise.
- Juror #8: Nobody has to prove otherwise. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. The defendant doesn't even have to open his mouth. That's in the Constitution.”
“- Roy Cohn: I want a white nurse. My constitutional right.
- Belize: You're in a hospital, you don't have any constitutional rights.”
“Our constitution has many good articles, and some bad ones. I do not know yet which predominate.”
“If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you.”
“This whole damn system works on a bluff, you know that. Once it's blown, we go back to a constitutional government. And you'll be selling shoes.”
“At the heart of the First Amendment is the recognition of the fundamental importance of the free flow of ideas, freedom to speak one's mind is not only an aspect of an individualliberty but is essential to the quest for truth and the vitality of society as a whole, in the world of debate about public affairs many things done with motives that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The last struggle for Constitutional rights is being waged over drugs.”
“- Michael: I wanted to ask you if you're free after school today.
- Stephanie: Yeah. I'm free every day. It's in the Constitution.”
“It's in the area of narcotics, Mr. Reynard, that the government tramples on the Fourth Amendment.”
“- John Gotti: Let me go through this RICO thing again. It says if anyone anywhere is caught doin' anything wrong, then everyone is guilty up and down the line. Wait a minute. This is a law?
- Bruce Cutler: It is the government's license to throw out the Constitution.”
“The Constitution wasn't written on an etch-a-sketch, but every once in a while you gotta twist the knobs a little.”