License quotes21 license quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Parenthood
I had a man around. He used to wake me up every morning by flicking lit cigarettes at my head. He'd say, "Hey, asshole, get up and make me breakfast". You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, or drive a car. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish! But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father.
- From the movie: Intolerable Cruelty
“- Freddy Bender: Objection, Your Honor: strangling the witness.
- Judge Marva Munson: I'm going to allow it.”
- From the movie: Drugstore Cowboy
“Where did you get your goddamn license? Shithead!”
- From the movie: Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie
“- Justin Stewart: Rocky couldn't make it, so he sent me!
- Adam Park: What are you talking about?
- Justin Stewart: Guys! I'm the new Blue Ranger! Isn't that cool? Alpha had to give me a crash course in driving, good thing you don't need a license to drive a Zord.”
- From the movie: Clueless
- Cher: "Second notice on three outstanding tickets". I don't remember getting a first notice.
- Mel Horowitz: The ticket is the first notice! I didn't even know you could get tickets without a license.
- Cher: Oh, you can get tickets anytime.
- From the movie: Lethal Weapon 2
“I'd like to see your drivers license and proof of insurance!”
- From the movie: Harold and Maude
“- Motorcycle Officer: License, lady?
- Maude: I don't have one. I don't believe in them.”
- From the movie: Casino
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: You know, I don't know if I could do this even if I wanted to. The Gaming Commission would never give me a license. I have at least two dozen gambling and bookmaking pinches on me.
- Andy Stone: You don't have to have a license to work in a casino. All you gotta do is apply for one. The state law says you can work in a... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Licence to Kill
“- M: This private vendetta of yours could easily compromise Her Majesty's government. You have an assignment, and I expect you to carry it out objectively and professionally!
- James Bond: Then you have my resignation, sir!
- M: We're not a country club, 007! Effective immediately, your licence to kill is revoked, and I require you to hand over...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Eragon
“I always say, better ask forgiveness than permission.”
“- Les' DMV Examiner: Now Anderson, I want you to take a good look at my cup of coffee. Now, I love my coffee. It's probably the only thing I cherish on this god forsaken mud ball called Earth! What I'm trying to say, Anderson, is that most examiners rely on this clipboard, I don't believe in that shit. What I do believe is in my cup of coffee....” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the animation: Pinocchio
- From the movie: Brain Donors
“- Roland T. Flakfizer: Do you enjoy being a cab driver?
- Rocco Melonchek: Nah. As soon as I get my driver's license, I'm quitting.”
- From the movie: The Return of the Pink Panther
“- Insp. Jacques Clouseau: It is against the leu for you to play your musical instrument.
- Blind Beggar: Leu?
- Insp. Jacques Clouseau: What?
- Blind Beggar: You say, it's against the leu?
- Insp. Jacques Clouseau: Yes. Unless you have a proper license.
- Blind Beggar: What kind of license?
- Insp. Jacques Clouseau: A license that permits the...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: S.W.A.T.
- From the movie: GoldenEye
“- Q: Right. Now pay attention 007. First, your new car. BMW Agile 54 with gears. All points radar. Self destruct system. And, naturally, all the usual refinements. Now, this I'm particularly proud of - behind the headlights, stinger missiles!
- James Bond: Excellent, just the thing for unwinding after a rough day at the office.
- Q: Need I...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Hold Back the Dawn
“Every year, the United States permits the entrance of about 150,000 immigrants. That number is proportioned among the various European countries. You were born in Bucharest; so, you come under the Romanian quota.”
- From the movie: The Thin Man
“- Guild: Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?
- Nora Charles: Oh, that's all right, we're married.”
- From the movie: Hold Back the Dawn
“- American Immigration Official: The Romanian quota is very small, very crowded.
- Georges Iscovescu: That means I have to wait?
- American Immigration Official: Between five and eight years, Mr. Iscovescu.”