Court quotes44 court quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- George Washington Duke: C’mon, punk. Touch me and I'll sue.
[Rocky uppercuts Duke]
- Rocky Balboa: Sue me for what?”
“The cops are like butchers, always got their thumbs on the scales, but good luck arguing that in court. Let me get down to brass tacks: I'm gonna get you a second phone call. You're gonna call your mommy or your daddy or your parish priest or your Boy Scout leader and they're gonna deliver me a check for $4,650. I'm gonna write that down on the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A court ought not be affected by the weather of the day, but will be by the climate of the era.”
“- James Donovan: You don't seem alarmed.
- Rudolf Abel: Would it help?”
“- Judge: Ms. Jackson please control your client or I will hold you both in contempt of court.
- Ted: Oh piss off! All right? I'm standing up for me, and I 'm standing up for the homos! We deserve respect!
- Samantha Jackson: Ted shut up!”
“- Ben Bradlee Jr.: You wanna sue the Church?
- Marty Baron: Technically we wouldn't sue the Church, we'd file a motion to lift the seal on the documents.
- Ben Bradlee Jr.: The Church will read that as us suing them. So will everybody else.
- Marty Baron: Good to know.”
“You can curtsy or not; that's your choice. There's nothing I can do about it... except have you beheaded, but that seems a bit extreme.”
“- Samantha Jackson: Ted, do you love your wife?
- Shep Wild: Objection. She's not his wife. The marriage was annulled.
- Samantha Jackson: I'll rephrase. Do you love Tami-Lynn?
- Ted: I love my wife. Okay, my wife. More than anything in the world. We're married, I don't care what anybody says.”
“- John Quincy Adams: Now, you understand you're going to the Supreme Court. Do you know why?
- Cinque: It is the place where they finally kill us.”
“- Judge Thomas Danforth: If you do not give me his name, I will have you arrested for contempt of court.
- Giles Corey: This is a hearing. You cannot arrest me for contempt of a hearing.”
“My court dates were so backed up that week, I hardly had any time left for school. Sometimes you had to stand around all morning when you got there. And you always run into a familiar face.”
“- Judge Chamberlain Haller: When you come into my court looking like you do, you not only insult me, but you insult the integrity of this court!
- Vinny Gambini: I apologise, sir, but, uh... this is how I dress.
- Judge Chamberlain Haller: Fine. I'll let you off this one time. The next time you appear in my court, you will look lawyerly. And I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Doyle's Sponsor: What happened in court today?
- Doyle Gipson: I'm in a bar. What does that tell you?
- Doyle's Sponsor: It tells me that you're really angry. And that anger has gotten you into the one place in the world you shouldn't be.”
“If you missed fifth grade graduation because you had jury duty, you might be a redneck.”
“The idea of criminal court is crime and punishment. The idea of civil court and of personal injury law by nature, although no one likes to say it out loud, least of all the personal injurylawyer himself is money. Money for suffering and money for death as if that could somehow relieve suffering, as if somehow it can bring dead children back to...” (continue)(continue reading)