“- Roarke Hartman: I thought you were a nice guy.
- Wade: I am a nice guy. Just a different kind of nice guy.”
“The River Wild” quotes(1994)
Plot – Gail is in crisis with her husband Tom, so she decides to celebrate her son Roarke's birthday at her parents house. Gail is an experienced oarswoman and wants to descend the river in a raft to reach them. Then Tom joins them too. During the trip they make friendship with three men, Wade, Terry and Frank and the groups descend the river together. When Frank disappears, Tom and Gail suspect the two other men, who in fact are robbers and have killed Frank. As the couple wants to leave them, the family is kidnapped and to escape the only way out consists in the terrible Gauntlet rapids.
All actors – Meryl Streep, Kevin Bacon, David Strathairn, Joseph Mazzello, John C. Reilly, Benjamin Bratt, Elizabeth Hoffman, William Lucking, Stephanie Sawyer, Victor Galloway, Diane Delano, Thomas F. Duffy, Paul Cantelon, Glenn Morshowershow all
“The River Wild” Quotes 6 quotes
“I'm not going to pretend that I give a shit about you and your stupid friend and your pathetic small time nothing life! But I've got everything I care about in this world in this boat, and I've got my baby girl waiting at the other end, and I know I cannot do this. I cannot row this big water man, that's the truth. I cannot do it!”
“- Gail Hartman: Are you makin' a pass at me?
- Tom Hartman: I don't know, is that what it's called this far outside of Boston?
- Gail Hartman: This far inside of marriage, you mean.
- Tom Hartman: I think we're sufficiently alienated for this to qualify as a pass.”
“- Wade: I'm in charge now. I could bury you and Roarke tonight. I could do anything I want with you.
- Gail Hartman: Then go ahead. Don't keep telling me how tough you are, Wade, just show me.”
We never had nicknames where I came from. Certainly not "White Water". White trash, maybe.
“- Roarke Hartman: How come you're on his side?
- Gail Hartman: I'm not on anybody's side, I'm on everybody's side, I'm the mother.”