Ships quotes70 ships quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Smith: I haven't seen anything and I don't need to see anything, sir, but I can tell you... this ship is fucked.
- Dr. Weir: Well, thank you for that scientific analysis, Mr. Smith.”
- From the movie: Master and Commander
- From the movie: The Dig
“Basil Brown-Oh, well, that’s a ship that’s been buried in the mound.
Robert Pretty-Why would anyone want to bury a ship?
Basil Brown-Well, I expect because that’s a grave.
Robert Pretty-Whose grave?
Basil Brown-Well, I’d expect this is a grave of a great man. A warrior. Or a king.”
“They're not your crew any more. They belong to the ship.”
- From the movie: Star Trek: The Motion Picture
“Mr. Scott, an alien object of unbelievable destructive power is less than two days away from this planet. The only starship in interception range is the Enterprise. Ready or not, she launches in twelve hours.”
- From the movie: Deep Rising
“I spent my whole life, my entire fortune, building this ship. I'll be damned if I'm gonna lose it to a bunch of pencil-necked bankers.”
- From the movie: Raise the Titanic
“- John Bigalow: I've had a few ships shot out from under me. More than my share. Three in the 1914-18 fracas, and two in 39-45. But all anybody ever asks me about is the Titanic.
- Dirk Pitt: And now I'm doing the same thing.
- John Bigalow: And you're lucky you came to the right man!”
- From the movie: In Which We Serve
“A ship can't be happy unless she's efficient and she certainly won't be efficient unless she's happy.”
“- Miller: What are you telling me, that this ship is alive?
- Lt. Starck: You wanted an answer, and it's the only one I've got.”
- From the movie: The Bounty
“You will clean up this ship and yourselves!”
- From the movie: The Sea Hawk
“To this end, I pledge you ships - ships worthy of our seamen - a mighty fleet, hewn out of the forests of England; a navy foremost in the world - not only in our time, but for generations to come.”
- From the movie: Prometheus
“Final report of the vessel Prometheus. The ship and her entire crew are gone. If you're receiving this transmission, make no attempt to come to its point of origin. There is only death here now, and I'm leaving it behind. It is New Year's Day, the year of our Lord, 2094. My name is Elisabeth Shaw, last survivor of the Prometheus. And I am still...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Skyfall
“- Q: It always makes me feel a bit melancholy. Grand old war ship, being ignominiously haunted away to scrap... The inevitability of time, don't you think? What do you see?
- James Bond: A bloody big ship. Excuse me.”
- From the movie: The Bounty
- From the movie: Moana
“You're measuring the stars, not giving the sky a high five.”
- From the movie: The Proposal
- From the movie: The Last Starfighter
- From the movie: The Abyss
“Oh, God, I wish you'd been there. It was a machine. It was a machine, but it was alive. It was like a... like a dance of light. Please. You have to trust me. Now, I don't think they mean us any harm. I don't know how I know that. It's just... a feeling.”
- From the movie: Waterworld
- From the movie: Jaws 2
- From the movie: A Night at the Opera
“We no take gasoline, we no take the airplane. We take steamship. And that, friends, is how we fly across the ocean.”
- From the movie: Beyond the Poseidon Adventure
- From the animation: Treasure Planet
“On the clearest of nights, when the winds of the Etherium were calm and peaceful, the great merchant ships, with their cargos of Arcturian solar crystals, felt safe and secure. Little did they suspect that they were persued by... pirates. And the most feared of all these pirates was the notorious Captain Nathaniel Flint.”