“The Jackal” quotes(1997)
Plot – A ruthless killer is hired by an international criminal organization to kill the wife of the US President. The agreed price is 70 million dollars. The man is very good at disguising himself, appearing and then immediately disappearing. The only thing known about him is his nickname, the Jackal. Upon learning of the situation, the FBI seeks countermeasures. Secret Service Deputy Director Preston must identify and stop the Jackal before it is too late. Together with Russian agent Valentina Koslova, Preston realises that the only way to find the killer is to rely on someone who thinks like him.
All actors – Bruce Willis, Richard Gere, Sidney Poitier, Diane Venora, Mathilda May, J.K. Simmons, Richard Lineback, John Cunningham, Jack Black, Tess Harper, Leslie Phillips, Stephen Spinellashow all
“The Jackal” Quotes 16 quotes
“I'm going back to Russia where I will stay until Terek Murad rots in prison or in the grave.”
“- Preston: I wonder if we'll ever know who the hell he was.
- Declan Mulqueen: We know all we need to. He was evil, he is dead. And he's gone. Nothing more matters.”
- Preston: Major Koslova ends the debate about women in combat as far as I'm concerned.
- Declan Mulqueen: How's that?
- Preston: She saved my life and took out Terek's brother. She did it knowing she'd be drawing a death sentence down on her neck. But when we offered to set her up some place else when this is over, you know what she said? "The... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Valentina Koslova: When Declan kills you, you think of me, ok.
- The Jackal: Ok. I'll make a note of that. If you see Declan before you die, you tell him that he can't protect his women.”
“Douglas, you just have to have a little faith in people, that's all. Like I do.”
“They say Basques live by the vendetta. If they hate someone it's to the death. It's the same when they love.”
“- Terek Murad: My poor brother, how many militia did you kill?
- Vasilov: You have to understand, there were 50 of them. Plus the Americans...
- Terek Murad: Yes, but how many did you kill?
- Vasilov: None.”
“So, the American FBI declares war on us? Then war it is.”
“- Terek Murad: The MVD killed my brother. For that, I will see they drown in blood. But to their allies in America, I wish to send a message - a very public message. I wish to strike fear into the marrow of their bones. Can you kill this person?
- The Jackal: Yes. If I take this job, I'll have to disappear. Forever. So if you want me to do this,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is a manhunt, not your cause. Don't make it personal.”
“- Declan Mulqueen: A man like this doesn't make mistakes.
- Valentina Koslova: No? They always make one somewhere.”
“I can identify him by his face, given the opportunity... but more importantly, by his methods.”
“It's not easy taking a life, but you saved one too - mine.”