Plot – Eddie is a limo driver and works in New York. She's fond of the local basketball team, the 'Knicks', and one day she wins a contest to become the Knicks' "honorary coach". It's just a propaganda strategy but Eddie reveals to be a more talented and beloved coach than the previous one.
All actors – Whoopi Goldberg, Frank Langella, Dennis Farina, Richard Jenkins, Lisa Ann Walter, John Benjamin Hickey, Troy Byer, John Salley, Rick Fox, Malik Sealy, Mark Jackson, Dwayne Schintziusshow all
“Eddie” Quotes 9 quotes
- Eddie: You realize your son got a D in English?
- Rae Jones: What's that got to do with him playing ball?
- Eddie: A lot, but your first question should have been, "Why did he get a D in English?". You need to startpaying attention to him in school or you're going to be watching him in court instead of on the court.
“- Al Trautwig: Do you think she can get the team out of the basement?
- Rudolph Giuliani: She can't do any worse.”
“- Avery Johnson: This is just a publicity stunt for you. You are not a coach!
- Eddie: You're not a player, looking like a little roach.”
“- Stacy Patton: What's a black hole?
- Polynice, Olden: A black hole is a theoretical object in space. It is so dense that matter collapses... and light itself cannot escape.”
- Claudine: Why do they call him "Pig"?
- Eddie: 'Cause he's not kosher.
“- Eddie: Do you remember that people pay to come and see you guys? People spent $2,000 on season tickets up in the nosebleed sections because they think you guys are worthwhile. And what about the little kids? Oh, forget about them, huh? The little kids who actually think you guys are heroes - stupid them!
- Darren Taylor: Two thousand dollars...” (continue)(continue reading)