Son quotes335 son quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“My kids never had the advantage I had. I was born poor.”
“I don't want to be remembered as 'the son of Bruce Lee'. ”
“- Zev Gutman: Did your father ever talk to you about Germany?
- John Kurlander: Are you kidding me? He never stopped talking about Germany.”
“Our son doesn't know who Boz Scaggs is. We have failed as parents.”
“If you lose a son, it's possible to get another. There's only one Maltese Falcon.”
“There's no way, no way that you came from my loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!”
“A son is a poor substitute for a lover.”
“- Mrs. Restes: You'll miss my wedding!
- Jimmy Foster: Mother, I have never missed one of your weddings.
- Mrs. Restes: Yes, you did. My first one.”
“- St. Francis of Assisi: I want to be a beggar! Yes, yes a beggar. Christ was a beggar, His Holy Apostles were beggars. I want to be as free as they are.
- Pietro Di Bernardone: But Your Grace, even beggars show respect to their fathers!
- St. Francis of Assisi: I'm not your son anymore. What is born of flesh is flesh, what is born of spirit is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Some dads give their kids Legos.”
“- Frank Hamer: You know, your boy may not have been... born with a dark soul, but he has one now.
- Henry Barrow: You're not hearing me, mister. I'm trying to say something. It ain't easy for me to say. I know there's only one way that this thing is ever gonna end. And I'm asking you, please... just end it now, damn it. End it for my family.”
“I'm just my mother's son. Sometimes that's all that makes the difference between us and them.”
“- Tom: Life is more than just what is. It’s what could be. What you could make it. You need to promise them dreams that may never come true. You need to love them knowing that you may lose them at any second. Okay? They deserve dreams. They deserve love. They deservehope. They deserve a mother. They deserve a mother. You haven’t given them...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I love God. God loves me. I love my son. That's it. I think for your father it's a little bit more complicated.”
“Today is the day you are going to realize that I am seventeen years old and your overprotection and paranoia is inhibiting my growing process.”
“Your kid is one crutch short of a telethon, you've got a frigid, swamp-hog wife...”
“I owe you nothing! If you carried that bag a million miles, you did what you were supposed to do because you brought me into this world, and from that day you owed me everything you could ever do for me, like I will owe my son if I ever have another.”
“You're not my son. You're just a little piece of competition.”