Son quotes332 son quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“My kids never had the advantage I had. I was born poor.”
“I don't want to be remembered as 'the son of Bruce Lee'. ”
“If you lose a son, it's possible to get another. There's only one Maltese Falcon.”
“- St. Francis of Assisi: I want to be a beggar! Yes, yes a beggar. Christ was a beggar, His Holy Apostles were beggars. I want to be as free as they are.
- Pietro Di Bernardone: But Your Grace, even beggars show respect to their fathers!
- St. Francis of Assisi: I'm not your son anymore. What is born of flesh is flesh, what is born of spirit is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Our son doesn't know who Boz Scaggs is. We have failed as parents.”
“Some dads give their kids Legos.”
“- Frank Hamer: You know, your boy may not have been... born with a dark soul, but he has one now.
- Henry Barrow: You're not hearing me, mister. I'm trying to say something. It ain't easy for me to say. I know there's only one way that this thing is ever gonna end. And I'm asking you, please... just end it now, damn it. End it for my family.”
“I'm just my mother's son. Sometimes that's all that makes the difference between us and them.”
“- Tom: Life is more than just what is. It’s what could be. What you could make it. You need to promise them dreams that may never come true. You need to love them knowing that you may lose them at any second. Okay? They deserve dreams. They deserve love. They deservehope. They deserve a mother. They deserve a mother. You haven’t given them...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I love God. God loves me. I love my son. That's it. I think for your father it's a little bit more complicated.”
“Today is the day you are going to realize that I am seventeen years old and your overprotection and paranoia is inhibiting my growing process.”
“Your kid is one crutch short of a telethon, you've got a frigid, swamp-hog wife...”
“I owe you nothing! If you carried that bag a million miles, you did what you were supposed to do because you brought me into this world, and from that day you owed me everything you could ever do for me, like I will owe my son if I ever have another.”
“You're not my son. You're just a little piece of competition.”
“- Mrs. Suzanna Dukesbury: We must have regard for certain conventions.
- J. Cheever Loophole: One guy isn't enough. She's gotta have a convention.”
“My son, Paul, must be very frightened right now. I know I'm frightened for him. So to the people who took him, I don't care why you did this but I ask as a mother that you think of your own children or a child that you once were and set my boy free. Thank you.”
“- Captain Said: What make you decide to tell me about Crystal, my main man?
- Troy Barlow: Because we're both fathers.
- Captain Said: I'm not father no more, you remember? My son is dead now. Can you think how would feel inside your heart if I bombed your daughter?
- Troy Barlow: Worse than death.
- Captain Said: That's right. Worse than death.”
“A man is supposed to take care of his family. You live in my house, feed your belly with my food, put your behind on my bed because you're my son. It's my duty to take care of you, I owe a responsibility to you, I ain't got to like you! Now, I gave everything I got to give you! I gave you your life! Me and your Mama worked out between us and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Prince Henry: Mother, Father, I want to build a university, with the largest library on the continent, where anyone can study, no matter their station!
- King Francis: All right... who are you... and what have you done with my son?
- Prince Henry: [laughs] Oh, and I want to invite the gypsies to the ball!”