Son quotes340 son quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“My kids never had the advantage I had. I was born poor.”
“I don't want to be remembered as 'the son of Bruce Lee'. ”
“- Zev Gutman: Did your father ever talk to you about Germany?
- John Kurlander: Are you kidding me? He never stopped talking about Germany.”
“Our son doesn't know who Boz Scaggs is. We have failed as parents.”
“If you lose a son, it's possible to get another. There's only one Maltese Falcon.”
“- Alexander: It's a high ransom she charges for nine months lodging in the womb.
- Hephaistion: Bring her to Babylon, Alexander. It'll give her such joy.
- Alexander: Joy! I am the cracked mirror of her dreams... Stay with me tonight Hephaistion.
- Hephaistion: What bothers you?
- Alexander: I see in her everything I fear. Yet I have no idea...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Homer once said you love the mine more than your own family. I stook up for you because I didn't want to believe it. Homer has gotten a lot of help from the people in this town. They've helped him build his rockets. They've watched him fly 'em. But not you. You never showed up, not even once. I'm not asking you to believe in it, but he's your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There's no way, no way that you came from my loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!”
“- Michael Cutler: If I went with you, where would we go? Where would we end up?
- Lincoln Hawk: Together is all I can guarantee. I'm just a father who messed up pretty bad, I know that. I've done things real wrong, now I want to try fix things up as best I can. I want to give... you... what's inside of me. I may not have much and I may never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Dad, you're my father. I'm your son. I love you. I always have and I always will. But you think of yourself as a colored man. I think of myself as a man.”
“Parvana-What about your father? Doesn't he depend on you?
Shauzia-I'm a good son, but he is not a good father.”
“ My son was born in 1964. He grew up with a meaningless war, with protests, with Nixon, with nice cars and nice houses, computers, drugs, boredom. I know him less every day.”
“- Medora Slone: What did it feel like to shoot that female wolf?
- Russell Core: It felt awful. But... I really had no choice. Even though she'd taken a child, too?
- Medora Slone: Because you think it's the natural order?
- Russell Core: The natural order doesn't warrant revenge. They're not what you think, Mrs. Slone. What happened here is......” (continue)(continue reading)
“- David Sheff: Do you know how much I love you? I love you more than everything.
- Nic Sheff (5 Years Old): Everything?
- David Sheff: Everything... everything...”
“A son is a poor substitute for a lover.”
“- Mrs. Restes: You'll miss my wedding!
- Jimmy Foster: Mother, I have never missed one of your weddings.
- Mrs. Restes: Yes, you did. My first one.”
“- St. Francis of Assisi: I want to be a beggar! Yes, yes a beggar. Christ was a beggar, His Holy Apostles were beggars. I want to be as free as they are.
- Pietro Di Bernardone: But Your Grace, even beggars show respect to their fathers!
- St. Francis of Assisi: I'm not your son anymore. What is born of flesh is flesh, what is born of spirit is...” (continue)(continue reading)