“The Sandlot” quotes(1993)
Plot – Scotty Smalls is a teenager who just enrolls at high school and has just moved to a new neighborhood with his mother and stepfather. He doesn’t know his peers and he has big problems with the stepfather, but fortunately he has a passion: baseball. He follows the league, he knows all the players but, above all, he is a great player. By approaching a group of schoolmates who are playing baseball, Scotty successfully fits in and becomes friend with Rodriguez, the sport idol of the area. The two become inseparable on the diamond and outside and together they will live incredible adventures related to sport.
All actors – Art LaFleur, Tom Guiry, Mike Vitar, Patrick Renna, Chauncey Leopardi, Marty York, Brandon Quintin Adams, Grant Gelt, Shane Obedzinski, Victor DiMattia, Denis Leary, Karen Allenshow all
“The Sandlot” Quotes 20 quotes
“After a while the cops started getting calls from people reporting all the missing thieves.”
“- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez: Man, you think too much! I bet you get straight A's and shit!
- Scotty Smalls: No, I got a B once. Well, actually it was an A minus but it should have been a B.
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez: Man, this is baseball, you gotta stop thinking! Just have fun. If you were having fun, you would have caught that ball!”
“- Hamilton 'Ham' Porter: Yeah! That's how you do it, Smalls!
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez: Ham, you idiot! Now we can't play no more!”
“- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez: Got a fireplace?
- Scotty Smalls: Yeah.
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez: Throw that in there, man.”
“- Ham Porter: Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more?
- Scotty Smalls: Some more of what?
- Ham Porter: No, do you wanna s'more?
- Scotty Smalls: I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?
- Ham Porter: You're killing me Smalls! These are s'more's stuff! Ok, pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on...” (continue)(continue reading)
Michael "Squints" Palledorous walked a little taller that day and we had to tip our hats to him. He was lucky she hadn't beat the crap out of him. We wouldn't have blamed her. What he'd done was sneaky, rotten, and low...and cool. Not another one among us would have ever, in 1,000,000 years, even for $1,000,000, had the guts to put the move on... (continue)(continue reading)
“Let me tell you something kid: everybody gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance, either because they're too scared, or they don't recognize it when it spits on their shoes.”
“Hurry up, batter. This better be a short game, I gotta get home for lunch.”
“- Michael 'Squints' Palledorous: It's about time Benny, my clothes are going out of style.
- Alan 'Yeah-Yeah' McClennan: They already are, Squints.
- Michael 'Squints' Palledorous: Shut up.”
“- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez: That's really nice of you, but that ball really is signed by Babe Ruth.
- Mr. Mertle: So is this one...with the rest of the 1927 Yankees.”
“I take it back. You're not in trouble, you're dead where you stand.”
“Baseball was life! And I was good at it... real good.”
“This pop isn't workin', Benny! I'm bakin' like a toasted cheese! It's so hot here!”
“We all lived in the neighborhood for a couple of more years mostly through junior high school and every summer was great. But none of them ever came close to that first one. When one guy would move away, we never replaced him on the team with anyone else. We just kept the game going like he was still there.”
“- Michael 'Squints' Palledorous: Where did your old man get that ball?
- Scotty Smalls: I don't know. Some lady gave it to him. She even signed her name on it. Some lady named... Ruth. Baby Ruth.
- Alan 'Yeah-Yeah' McClennan: Babe Ruth?”