School quotes397 school quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Arnold Stoner: [to wife, off camera] Sweetheart, I'll talk to him.
- Arnold Stoner: [to Anthony, as he makes a fruit smoothie] Son, your mother and me would like for you to cozy up to the Finkelstein boy. He's a brightkid, and, uh... he's going to military school, and... remember, he was an Eagle Scout...
- Mrs. Tempest Stoner: Arnold...
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I’ll tell you how I feel about school, Jerry: it’s a waste of time. Bunch of people runnin’ around bumpin’ into each other, got a guy up front says, ‘2 + 2,’ and the people in the back say, ‘4.’ Then the bell rings and they give you a carton of milk and a piece of paper that says you can go take a dump or somethin’. I mean, it’s not a place for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dewey Finn: Now, what makes you mad more than anything in the world?
[sees Billy who has his hand raised]
- Dewey Finn: Billy?
- Billy: You.”
“Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow, but out there, when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes, you don't know what that's like.”
“East High is a place where teachers encouraged us to break the status quo and define ourselves as we choose. Where a jock can cook up a mean crème brulee, and a brainiac can break it down on the dance floor. It's a place where one person, if it's the right person, changes us all. East High is having friends we'll keep for the rest of our lives,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I never made it to the sixth grade, kid. And it doesn't look like you're gonna, either.”
“If my calculations are correct, this will create ice... oh no, killer mustard gas!”
“I wish I could just sleep until I was eighteen and skip all this crap high school and everything, just skip it.”
“You take him out of this school, you might as well just take his life from him.”
“- Annie: Mrs. Burbridge, would you come over here for a moment? Has it escaped your attention that these children have head to toe poison oak?
- Adele Burbridge: Well no, I... well yes, but...
- Annie: But what? My children are in need of medical assistance! And you can sit here and smugly lecture me on the importance of tests? Tests which exist...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Lu-Lu Fishpaw: I got my report card today. Wanna see it?
- Francine Fishpaw: Have you done any better this time? [looking at the report card] Lu-Lu, you have failed every single subject again!
- Lu-Lu Fishpaw: No, Ma. They changed the grading system. "F" is for "Fantastic"!
- Francine Fishpaw: You little liar! It's a good thing you're not... (continue)(continue reading)
“They have lots of body parts. Arms and legs and hands, from hospitals and medical schools. And do you know where they store 'em? Right underneath the football field. So while it's fine and dandy to have 100,000 fans cheering for you, the bodies you should be worried about are the ones right under the turf. Set to poke up through the ground and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My idea of a perfect school is one in which there are no children… at all.”
“School spirit is for losers man. You're just like floating along on the conveyer belt of conformity... pep rallies, extra curricular activities, washing your hair... It's all just a trap, man.”