Richard Jenkins quotes
“- Michael McCarty: You are a salesman, sir.
- Walter Sullivan: Selling sin is easy.”
“Any time you die in a film, it's not real, so it's all kind of fun.”
“- Ted: I'm not comfortable with this, and I want this out of Hardbodies. We're running a gym here. God.
- Chad Feldheimer: Manolo, you didn't find this.
- Manolo: I found it on the floor there.
- Chad Feldheimer: Yeah, I know, but...
- Manolo: Right there on the floor there. Just lying there.”
“When he looks at me, the way he looks at me... He does not know, what I lack... Or - how - I am incomplete. He sees me, for what I - am, as I am. He's happy - to see me. Every time. Every day. Now, I can either save him... or let him die.”
“- Bernard: Oh, and they want the - them happier. The family.
- Giles: Happier?
- Bernard: Mm.
- Giles: Happier? The father looks like he just discovered the missionary position!”
“- Jackie: You ever kill anyone?
- Driver: No.
- Jackie: It can get touchy-feely.
- Driver: Touchy-feely?
- Jackie: Emotional, not fun, a lot of fuss. They cry. They plead. They beg. They piss themselves. They call for their mothers. It gets embarrassing. I like to kill them softly, from a distance. Not close enough for feelings. Don't like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Y'know, uh - cornflakes were invented to prevent masturbation. It didn't work.”
“Have you always been alone? Did you ever have someone? Do you know what happened to you, do you? Because I don't. I don't know what happened to me. I don't know! I look in the mirror and the only thing I recognize, are these eyes. In this old man's face. You know sometimes I think I was either born too early or too late for my life. Maybe we're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“He's a wild creature. We can't ask him to be anything else.”
“I’m going to be synchronizing our watches just like they do in the movies.”
“- Giles: Oh! God, to be young and beautiful. If I could go back to when I was 18 - I didn't know anything about anything - I'd give myself a bit of advice.
- Elisa: [in sign language] What would you say?
- Giles: I would say: Take better care of your teeth and fuck, a lot more.”
“- Freddy Bender: Objection, Your Honor: strangling the witness.
- Judge Marva Munson: I'm going to allow it.”
“- Chicory: That tea smells gruesome.
- Sheriff Franklin Hunt: It's soup.
- Chicory: Oh. You think I can have some?”
“I'm surprised she didn't give up the sausage and become a vagina-tarian.”