Motive quotes195 motive quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Gentlemen, most of you did not know me when I had the use of my legs. I was strong, and proud, and arrogant. Now I wonder, every hour of my life, why God put me into this chair. But when I see defeat in the eyes of my countrymen, in your eyes right now, I start to think that maybe He brought me down for times like these when we all need to be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Did we ever find out why Hannibal Lecter like to eat people? Don't think so! See, it's a lot more scarier when there's no motive.”
“- Bowen: Now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?
- Draco: To the stars, Bowen. To the stars.”
“- Marko Ramius: There's one thing you haven't yet asked me: why?
- Jack Ryan: Well, I thought you would tell me when you felt ready.
- Marko Ramius: Well, there are those who believe that we should attack the United States first. Settle everything in one moment. Red October was built for that purpose.”
The one thing that bothered me, the one thing that stayed in my mind and I couldn't get rid of it, that haunted me, was "Why?". Why would she lie? What was her motive for lying? If my client is innocent, she's lying. Why? Was it blackmail? No. Was it jealousy? No. Yesterday, I found out why. She doesn't have a motive. You know why? Because she's... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Xian Chow: Revenge is a dangerous motive.
- Kurt Sloane: It’s also a powerful one.”
“What about the guy in the toilet? What did he do? Piss on your Hush Puppies?”
“- Meg Magrath: Why'd you do it, Babe? Why'd you put your head in the oven?
- Babe Magrath: I don't know... I'm having a bad day.”
“How is never as important as why.”
“My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face. She told me I had a purpose: to bring laughter and joy to the world.”
“I do what I do because of my dad.”
“- Casey Mayo: All right, now tell me just how you murdered Harry Prebble.
- Disturbed Woman with Big Feet: You know how I killed him! Do you want to know why? Because I loved him. With a passion that was bigger than both of us!
- Casey Mayo: The size of the passion's important, lady. But tell me first, what size shoe do you wear?”
“You know it's like, I dunno you... you float out... float out at sea then one day you find a port, say, 'I'm gonna stay here a few days'. A few days becomes a few years. Then you forgot where you were going in the first place. Then you realize you don't really give a shit about where you was going, cause you like where you at.”
“I'm climbing Mount Everest... because I can... because to be able to climb that high and see that kind of beauty that nobody ever sees, it'd be a crime not to.”
“- Turner: Some folks still wonder why you left.
- Jack Reacher: Let's just say I woke up one morning and the uniform didn't fit.”
“If at first you don't succeed... try, try again.”
“I had a purpose, I was needed again and again and again. With each new life I was learning a new lesson.”