Motive quotes194 motive quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Gentlemen, most of you did not know me when I had the use of my legs. I was strong, and proud, and arrogant. Now I wonder, every hour of my life, why God put me into this chair. But when I see defeat in the eyes of my countrymen, in your eyes right now, I start to think that maybe He brought me down for times like these when we all need to be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Did we ever find out why Hannibal Lecter like to eat people? Don't think so! See, it's a lot more scarier when there's no motive.”
“- Meg Magrath: Why'd you do it, Babe? Why'd you put your head in the oven?
- Babe Magrath: I don't know... I'm having a bad day.”
“My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face. She told me I had a purpose: to bring laughter and joy to the world.”
“I do what I do because of my dad.”
“- Casey Mayo: All right, now tell me just how you murdered Harry Prebble.
- Disturbed Woman with Big Feet: You know how I killed him! Do you want to know why? Because I loved him. With a passion that was bigger than both of us!
- Casey Mayo: The size of the passion's important, lady. But tell me first, what size shoe do you wear?”
“You know it's like, I dunno you... you float out... float out at sea then one day you find a port, say, 'I'm gonna stay here a few days'. A few days becomes a few years. Then you forgot where you were going in the first place. Then you realize you don't really give a shit about where you was going, cause you like where you at.”
“I'm climbing Mount Everest... because I can... because to be able to climb that high and see that kind of beauty that nobody ever sees, it'd be a crime not to.”
“- Turner: Some folks still wonder why you left.
- Jack Reacher: Let's just say I woke up one morning and the uniform didn't fit.”
“If at first you don't succeed... try, try again.”
“I had a purpose, I was needed again and again and again. With each new life I was learning a new lesson.”
“Guys, there's going to be some haters out there. They're going to look at us, Team USA, and be like, 'why is the most talented one Australian?'”
“Shave off that pathetic goatee. Get some surgery. Sixty's the new thirty, motherfucker!”
“You must stand for something, you must live for something! And you must be willing to die for something!”
“- Oishi Kazihiro: In Japan, when production lags, worker stays longer in factory.
- Hunt Stevenson: Okay, overtime. We can talk about overtime. I understand it now.
- Oishi Kazihiro: They do not do it for pay. They do it for company.
- Hunt Stevenson: Yeah, but that's there, this is here.”