Christopher Eccleston quotes
“Normally I don't usually meet people, unless I already know them.”
“- Sue Bridehead: Do I irritate you?
- Jude Fawley: No.
- Sue Bridehead: Even though I'm always trying to prove how much cleverer than you I am.
- Jude Fawley: You are!
- Sue Bridehead: Don't say that!
- Jude Fawley: Why not?
- Sue Bridehead: Because it's not the sort of thing you should admit to!
- Jude Fawley: Even if it's true?”
“- Sue Bridehead: I am not afraid of any man.
- Jude Fawley: Why?
- Sue Bridehead: Because no man would touch a woman unless she gives him reason to. A touch or a look that say come on. If you never look, they'll never come. You are the timid sex.”
“- David Stephens: You paid 500 pounds for this?
- Juliet Miller: That's what it cost, David.
- David Stephens: No, no, that's what you paid for it. 500 pounds is what you paid for it. We don't know how much it cost us yet. For you two to have a good time, we don't know the cost of that yet.”
“Now let water finish what ice has begun.”
“- Raymond Calitri: [aiming a gun] Who are you?
- Det. Roland Castlebeck: I'm a police officer. You don't want to do that now.
- Raymond Calitri: Yeah, I do.
- Det. Roland Castlebeck: Listen to me. You walk out of here with me, you've got some options. You kill me now you think about this, I'm a police officer your life will be over.
- Raymond...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't look so worried. It's not the end of the world - not quite yet.”
“One: You kill me, they kill you, your brother dies anyway. Two: You lie, you accept the job, you take your brother, you run. I hunt you down, I kill you, I kill your brother and I kill your mother for the aggravation you cause me. Three: You accept the job, you steal some cars, you make some money, and you be a big brother.”
“I am not ashamed. I have known love. I have known rejection. I am not ashamed to declare my feelings; take trust for instance, or friendship. These are the important things in life. These are the things that matter, that help you on your way. If you can't trust your friends, well, what then... What then?... Oh, yes. I believe in friends. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Seeker. Witness my wrath.”
“What do nine men do, except wait to die themselves? I moved us from the blockade. I set the radio broadcasting, and I promised them women... because women mean a future.”
“The boy is more capable than I thought. Return to him, bring me the signs, and you will never age.”
“I've never seen a dead body before. I saw my grandmother of course, but I don't think that counts. I mean, she was alive at the time.”
“Victory is the same as defeat. It's giving in to destructive competitive urges.”
“- David Stephens: Well, Brian McKinley, if you want to talk to my girlfriend you talk to me first. If you want to dance with her, then you apply in writing three weeks in advance or you're going to end up inside a fucking bin-bag. You didn't apply so you don't dance.
- Juliet Miller: Do you think you could try to be a little more forceful next...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We are man and wife, if ever two people were on this earth.”