Sir Ian Holm quotes
“The elements are big, and the human voice is very small.”
“- Francois: What are corn dogs?
- Skinner: Cheap sausages dipped in batter and deep fried. You know, American.”
A guy works all day, he don't want to look at his plate and ask, "What the fuck is this?". He wants to look at his plate, see a steak, and say "I like steak!".
“Bullets change governments far surer than votes.”
“The devil's greatest achievement is that people don't believe he exists. Nowadays, the concept of evil is politically incorrect.”
“All performances are different. I don't think it's necessary to compare one with another.”
“As an actor, I'm very much a company person. And this also goes through my life: I have a dread of responsibility. I like someone else to be in charge.”
“The most important thing in the face is the eyes, and if you can make the eyes talk, you're halfway there.”
“Listen to me John. How many other white apes have you seen? You're like me, not them. You have another family, far away, one you have never seen.”
It is never "too much"; it is only "not enough"! Bite your teeth into the ass of life and drag it to you!
“Alexander the Great, five feet eight exactly. Isn't that incredible! I mean, Alexander the Great, who's empire stretched from India to Hungary, one inch shorter than me. Oliver Cromwell, the only man with any guts in British history, wasn't a big man at all. Louis XIV, five foot two and a half. Charlamagne, dopey little five footer! He's a good...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bill Lee: You do consciously know it. You just said it. We're discussing it.
- Tom Frost: Not consciously. This is all happening telepathically, non-consciously.
- Bill Lee: What do you mean?
- Tom Frost: If you look carefully at my lips, you'll realize that I'm actually saying something else. I'm not actually telling you about the several...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mitchell Stevens: One part of me was daddy, singing a lullaby to his little girl. The other part was a surgeon, ready to cut into her throat. I waited for the second that Zoe's breath stopped to make that incision.
- Allison: What happened?
- Mitchell Stevens: Oh, nothing. We made it to the hospital. I didn't have to go as far as I was...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
“- Bilbo: You will keep an eye on Frodo, won't you?
- Gandalf: Two eyes, as often as I can spare them.”
“- Secondo: Primo, do you know why this night is happening?
- Primo: No.
- Secondo: Because it has to happen.”
“- Simon: I just wish I could have seen him grow up, you know.
- Terry Rapson: The important thing is he will grow up.”
“- Marion: Why have you stopped sleeping with me?
- Ken: We are simply going through a less active period, that's all. Its not uncommon.
- Marion: Why? I just want to know why?
- Ken: Why don't we just go to bed.
- Marion: There was a time that we were dying to be together.
- Ken: Marion, you're still the most desirable woman that I know.”