Jeremy Irons quotes
“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.”
“- Randall Bragg: Mr. Everett Hitch. You a drinking man, Everett?
- Virgil Cole: Not so much.
- Randall Bragg: Hard to like a man who doesn't drink a little.
- Virgil Cole: But not impossible.”
“- Rodrigo Mendoza: Father, I've come to ask you to bless me.
- Father Gabriel: No. If you're right, you'll have God's blessing. If you're wrong, my blessing won't mean anything.”
“Gucci doesn’t belong on a model, it belongs in a museum.”
“Art, like beauty, has no price.”
“You are better at this than any of us. Your only problem is you have a soul.”
“- Dominika Egorova: He tried to rape me.
- General Korchnoi: And your honor is worth depriving Russia of a promising cadet?
- Dominika Egorova: It was never my intention to deprive Russia of anything.”
“- Bruce Wayne: Still working? You're getting slow in your old age, Alfred.
- Alfred: It comes to us all, Master Wayne. Even you've got too old to die young, though not for lack of trying.”
“- Virgil Cole: Your boys do like the bylaws say, everything will be muy bueno.
- Randall Bragg: And if they don't?
- Virgil Cole: I arrest them.
- Randall Bragg: And if they don't go along?
- Virgil Cole: I shoot them.”
“I write by myself... for myself.”
“We are not the members of a democracy, Father. We are the members of an order.”
“I have prayed every day for forgiveness. But now I realize that forgiveness must come from you before it can come from God.”
“You built your time machine because of Emma's death. If she had lived, it would never have existed. So how could you use your machine to go back in time and save her? You are the inescapable result of your tragedy.”
“I can assure you, the true charm of this world resides in this garden.”
“You're a man haunted by those two most terrible words: What if?”
“The Oriental woman: when she's good, she's very very very good. But when she's bad, she's Christian!”
“- Song Liling: Under the robes, beneath everything, it was always me. Tell me you adore me.
- René Gallimard: How could you, who understood me so well, make such a mistake? You've shown me your true self, and what I love was the lie, perfect lie, that's been destroyed.”
“- Gabriela: You believe everything the authorities tell you?
- Kafka: Well, I have no reason to doubt.
- Gabriela: They're authorities! That's reason enough.”