World quotes302 world quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The world is changing. Soon there will only be the conquered and the conquerors. I'd rather be the former.”
“With the world so set on tearing itself apart, it don't seem like such a bad thing to me to want to put a little bit of it back together.”
“The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.”
“The world would be a lot better off without kids.”
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land. But most of all, I remember The Road Warrior. The man we called "Max". To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time... when the world was powered by the black fuel... and the desert sprouted great... (continue)(continue reading)
“A grown man knows the world he lives in. For the moment, that world is Rome.”
“I don't want to live in a world without love or grief or beauty, I'd rather die.”
“Another one of the new worlds. No beer, no women, no pool parlors, nothin'. Nothin' to do but throw rocks at tin cans, and we gotta bring our own tin cans.”
“- Plato: Do you think the end of the world will come at nighttime?
- Jim Stark: Uh-uh, at dawn.”
“We have always feared Elsa's powers were too much for this world. Now, we must pray they are enough.”
“- George Grisby: Beautiful, isn't it.
- Michael O'Hara: The beach, you mean, or the tourists?
- George Grisby: Everything!
- Michael O'Hara: There's a fair face to the land; but, you can't hide the hunger and guilt. It's a bright, guilty world.”
“- George Grisby: What's your guess, Michael? You think the world's coming to an end?
- Michael O'Hara: Well, there was a start to the world sometime; so, I guess there'll be a stop.
- George Grisby: It's coming, you know. Oh, yeah. It's got to come. First the big cities. Then, maybe even this. It's just got to come.
- Michael O'Hara: I'd prefer...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sarah Connor: Children look like burnt paper. Black. Not moving. And then the blast wave hits them. And then they fly apart like leaves.
- Dr. Silberman: Dreams of cataclysm, the end of the world are very common.
- Sarah Connor: It's not a dream, you moron. It's real. I know the date it happens.
- Dr. Silberman: I'm sure it feels real to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The world has always been saved by those who looked ahead.”
“- Agent H: You coming? World’s not going to save itself.
- Agent M: Are you saying that you need me to save the world?
- Agent H: Uh-huh.
- Agent M: Thought so.”
“- Harry Flowers: The world's a dodgy place, my friends, I can't help that. But, we've got progress. Look at the Yanks!
- Dennis: The new world.”
“It's... it's a weird world we live in, and, I guess, no matter how much you try to ignore all these things that are really happening, sometimes they just find a way to creep in.”