Reality quotes355 reality quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I used to think that men went gray because they had stressful jobs with stressful decisions to make. Now, I think it happens when men start to feel in their bones that the great moments of their lives... might not turn out to be quite as great as they'd always hoped. When the real world starts creeping in. What separates the believers like Glen...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Cinema is a mirror of reality and it is a filter.”
“Reality may be very interesting, but a work of art must be a creation.”
“I knew you. But you ain't you. You can't be you. We put you through the window. There ain't no coming back. This is the really real world, there ain't no coming back. We killed you dead, there ain't no coming back! There ain't no coming back!”
“Reality is fabricated out of desire.”
“- Edwin Newman: She sounds almost too good to be true.
- Gray Grantham: She almost is.”
“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
“Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.”
“- Frank Capella: Do you ever watch wrestling, Ray?
- Ray: Sure. I mean you know, now and then.
- Frank Capella: Because this is just like wrestling.
- Ray: How?
- Frank Capella: Well it's reality, mixed with illusion, mixed with bullshit, mixed with... big scary guys from parts unknown, in dire need of psychiatric care.”
“The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena: the Videodrome. The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ariel, please! Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?”
“- Jared Grace: Why can't I see you?
- Thimbletack: You don't see us, now you do, but only if we want you to.”
“All that you know, is at an end.”
“I love, you love, he loves, we love, you love, they love. If only they were not conjugations, but reality.”
“In all my science fiction movies, I try to blend the familiar with the futuristic.”
“What the imagination can't conjure, reality delivers with a shrug.”
“In science fiction, you create your own reality.”
“You showed us we can change things by simply believing them to be different.”
“Nothing matters but the facts.”
“- Sarah Marshall: I think that Hawaii is a place to escape for people who can't deal with the real world.
- Rachel Jansen: Yeah, you know, there's so few personal shoppers and pet therapists. Gosh, it's such a hard life.”
“- Johnny English: Virtual reality?
- Bough: It's completely immersive, and some people lose track of their actual surroundings.
- Johnny English: Oh, I think we can pretty much guarantee that's not gonna happen.”
“Yeah, the real world sucks, deal with it like the rest of us.”
“And if real life was like the movies, I should have lived happily ever after.”