Reality quotes378 reality quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Johnny English: Virtual reality?
- Bough: It's completely immersive, and some people lose track of their actual surroundings.
- Johnny English: Oh, I think we can pretty much guarantee that's not gonna happen.”
“- Officer Allen: Will he be OK, Doc?
- Psychologist: The years spent in isolation have not equipped him with the tools necessary to judge right from wrong. He's had no context. He's been completely without guidance. Furthermore, his work - the garden sculptures, hairstyles and so forth - indicate that he's a highly imaginative... uh......” (continue)(continue reading)
“I used to think that men went gray because they had stressful jobs with stressful decisions to make. Now, I think it happens when men start to feel in their bones that the great moments of their lives... might not turn out to be quite as great as they'd always hoped. When the real world starts creeping in. What separates the believers like Glen...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Cinema is a mirror of reality and it is a filter.”
“Reality may be very interesting, but a work of art must be a creation.”
“I knew you. But you ain't you. You can't be you. We put you through the window. There ain't no coming back. This is the really real world, there ain't no coming back. We killed you dead, there ain't no coming back! There ain't no coming back!”
“Reality is fabricated out of desire.”
“- Edwin Newman: She sounds almost too good to be true.
- Gray Grantham: She almost is.”
“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
“Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.”
“- Frank Capella: Do you ever watch wrestling, Ray?
- Ray: Sure. I mean you know, now and then.
- Frank Capella: Because this is just like wrestling.
- Ray: How?
- Frank Capella: Well it's reality, mixed with illusion, mixed with bullshit, mixed with... big scary guys from parts unknown, in dire need of psychiatric care.”
“The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena: the Videodrome. The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ariel, please! Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?”
“Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow, but out there, when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes, you don't know what that's like.”
“- Jared Grace: Why can't I see you?
- Thimbletack: You don't see us, now you do, but only if we want you to.”
“All that you know, is at an end.”
“On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.”
“They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?”
“I love, you love, he loves, we love, you love, they love. If only they were not conjugations, but reality.”
“We assume time is narrow because it is as a clock - one second is one second for everyone! Cause precedes effect - fruit rots, water flows downstream. We're born, we age, we die. The reverse never happens... None of this is true! Say goodbye to classical reality, because our logic collapses on the subatomic level... into ghosts and shadows.”
“In all my science fiction movies, I try to blend the familiar with the futuristic.”
“What the imagination can't conjure, reality delivers with a shrug.”
“In science fiction, you create your own reality.”