“- Hector: Inside, you know yourself?
- Diana Guzman: Yeah. I do.
- Hector: Then that's all you need.”
Plot – Constantly gloomy, Diana spends her days arguing with everyone, even without a reason. She cannot control her anger and does not want to. She has nothing to gain or lose and her philosophy is simple: you either give or you take and she prefers by far to be among the takers. She accidentally discovers the world of boxing in a gym in Brooklyn where her father wants her younger brother Tiny to learn to defend himself from bullies. Watching the boxers, she understands that maybe the ring is her place and she convinces one of the coaches, Hector, to train her in secret from her father.
All actors – Michelle Rodriguez, Jaime Tirelli, Paul Calderon, Santiago Douglas, Ray Santiago, Víctor Sierra, Elisa Bocanegra, Shannon Walker Williams, Louis Guss, Herb Lovelle, Thomas Barbour, Graciella Ortizshow all
“Girlfight” Quotes 10 quotes
“- Adrian: Why did you train with Hector?
- Diana Guzman: Because I want to.
- Adrian: Aren't you afraid of getting hurt?
- Diana Guzman: What, and you're not?
- Adrian: No, it's just, it's a dangerous sport.
- Diana Guzman: I didn't make the cheerleading team.”
“- Adrian: You shouldn't hit people like that.
- Diana: I couldn't resist.”
“- Adrian: You taste sweet.
- Diana Guzman: Funny. I always thought of myself as salty.
- Adrian: You are wrong. You're sweet.”
“- Diana Guzman: You still like me with my black eye?
- Adrian: I think I like you more.”
“- Hector: You should start roadwork. Run three miles, four times a week.
- Diana Guzman: Three miles? You gotta be kidding me.
- Hector: At least three. At this rate, you wouldn't last one round in the ring.
- Diana Guzman: But I got power, you said so.
- Hector: Big deal! You got the endurance of a corpse.”
“- Cal: How's it working with her?
- Hector: Gotta pay the bills.
- Cal: When it gets that desperate, borrow from me.”
“- Adrian: I'm gonna turn pro and I'm gonna move far away from here. Someplace where I'm not gonna get killed doing my laundry.
- Diana Guzman: Right. Or raped in your own fucking stairway.
- Adrian: Shot for a pair of shoes.”
“- Adrian: My life with you is war.
- Diana Guzman: Maybe. Maybe life is just war period.”