Borrowing quotes29 borrowing quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Winston Churchill: Do I have your, uh, permission, uh, to send, uh, an aircraft carrier to pick up the P-40 fighter planes we purchased from you? Mr. President?
- President Roosevelt: Well, you-you've got me there again. New law preventing transshipment of military equipment.
- Winston Churchill: Uh, but we paid for them. We-we paid for them...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It is a bad thing to borrow, it is a worse thing to beg.”
“- Cliff: I don't want to keep it, I just want to borrow it for a while.
- Peevy: Clifford, when you borrow something and you don't tell nobody, they call that stealing, you know.”
“- Mike Waters: You're the only one I can ask, you know that Walt! Please! I'll owe you a date, how about that? I'll owe you a date. Please.
- Walt: Oh God, tears crying, hold on. Here you go.”
“You family, I love you, you welcome to anything in my house. But don't let me catch you in my refrigerator, don't let me catch you with yo finger in my Suga Bowl, You feel me knockin.”
“God knows I am a patriot. I loaned the country 400 Billion. And I want my 400 Billion back. Does that make me a bad guy? I've got to eat too, you know! So I'm giving the President until the end of September this year to pay me back, or I'll be forced to foreclose. What can I do? I've got to eat too, you know! Does that make me a bad guy?”
“Hey, son of a Yuppi! Got the old man's rocket-ship out for the night.”
“I borrowed your toothbrush. I would have used your razor but it looks like you've been doing some gardening with it.”
“- Rub Squeers: Can I borrow a dollar?
- Sully: Nope. You can borrow a jelly doughnut, though.
- Rub Squeers: You can't borrow a jelly doughnut. Once you eat it, it's gone.
- Sully: Once you borrow a dollar, it's gone. I'd rather buy you a jelly doughnut.”
“- Courtney Blumenthal: Hey Everett, can I borrow a condom?
- Everett Calloway: No, but you can have one.”
“She said all energy is only borrowed, and one day you have to give it back.”
“- Rick O'Connell: That's called stealing, you know.
- Evelyn Carnahan: According to you and my brother it's called borrowing.”
“- Zeke: This is where I get my equipment.
- Marybeth: You borrow it from science labs?
- Zeke: I like to think of it as stealing actually.”
“- Julie James: What the hell are you doing in my closet?
- Karla Wilson: Dude, I thought you were outta town. I just wanted to borrow your black skirt, but I'm not ready to die for it.”
“A Borrower is quiet, conscientious, and inconspicuous. We don't steal; we borrow.”
“- June: You could get a mortgage like other people!
- Buster: Do what?
- June: Borrow it from a bank.
- Buster: Well, I do borrow from banks, that is my job.
- June: I mean with their permission.”
“- Cal: How's it working with her?
- Hector: Gotta pay the bills.
- Cal: When it gets that desperate, borrow from me.”
“We're not vermin. We're not creeps. And we're not pests. We're Borrowers.”