Jonny Lee Miller quotes
- Sick Boy: "The Name of The Rose" is merely a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory.
- Renton: What about "The Untouchables"?
- Sick Boy: I don't rate that at all.
- Renton: Despite the Academy Award?
- Sick Boy: That means fuck all. Its a sympathy vote.
- Renton: Right. So we all get old and then we can't hack it anymore. Is... (continue)(continue reading)
“The whole point of being an actor is to get satisfaction out of a role - unless you're just vain about celebrity.”
“It's very strange to become a character: the lines get blurred, and you start to sort of, I don't know, take it home too much?”
“Some people can handle fame, some can't.”
“- Dade: You look good in a dress.
- Kate: You would have looked better.”
“Fanny, you really must begin to harden yourself to the idea of... being worth looking at.”
“Rebecca's lost to me. How can I make love to her with the pox?”
“- Macleane: I have morals.
- Plunkett: Oh, do you?
- Macleane: Most certainly, yes I do.”
“You could gain strength through violence and with power and control you could do anything.”
“- Edmund Bertram: Your entire person is entirely agreeable.
- Fanny Price: Yes, well, tonight I agree with everyone.”
“- Edmund Bertram: Oh, don't be an imbecile.
- Fanny Price: Oh, but imbecility in women is a great enhancement to their personal charms.
- Edmund Bertram: Fanny, you're being irrational.
- Fanny Price: Yet another adornment. I must be ravishing.”
“- Macleane: My angel, my siren's song, you've ambushed me in the forests of your hair, you've drowned me in the pools of your eyes, you've shackled me to the...
- Lady Darcy: Do shut up! Fuck me!”
“- Kate: You're not in my class.
- Dade: Gimme time.”
“- Edmund Bertram: She does not think evil, but she speaks it. It grieves me to the soul.
- Fanny Price: The effect of education, perhaps.
- Edmund Bertram: Perhaps I can uneducate her.”
“- Edmund Bertram: Is there anything to be done?
- Dr. Winthrop: Wait.
- Edmund Bertram: Wait?
- Dr. Winthrop: Yes. Time can do almost anything.”
“Surely you and I are beyond speaking when words are clearly not enough.”
“- Macleane: Still swinging both ways, Rochester?
- Lord Rochester: Jamie, I swing every way.”
“- Solina: Does English charm work on English women?
- Simon Sheppard: Why not, Solina? One reason.
- Solina: I don't date men that I work with.”
“- Dade: What is it with this guy?
- Phreak: His parents missed Woodstock, and he's been making up for it since.”