“I don't want your life!”
“Varsity Blues” quotes(1999)
Plot – In Texas the only chance guys have to leave the desolated suburb they live in is to become professional football players, while the girls can only aspire to become their lovers. Mox is 18 and loves playing football, but soon he realizes life isn't a fight on the football field or scoring a touchdown. If he wants to be fulfilled, he has to study hard and to get a good job.
All actors – James Van Der Beek, Jon Voight, Paul Walker, Ron Lester, Scott Caan, Richard Lineback, Tiffany C. Love, Amy Smart, Eliel Swinton, Thomas F. Duffy, Jill Parker-Jones, Joe Pichler, Mark Walters, Brady Coleman, James N. Harrell, Ali Larter, Tonie Perensky, Jesse Plemons, Sam Pleasant, Tim Crowley, Joe Stevens, Don Cass, James Michael O'Brien, Mark Robert Ellis, Robert Lott, Barry Switzer, Mona Lee Fultz, Kevin Reid, Eric Jungmann, Laura Olson, Ryan Allen, Bristi Havins, Jon Hyrns, Rome Azzaro, Marco Perella, Doyle Carter, Tony Frank, Sue Rock, Olin Buchanan, David Williams, John Gatins, Kelly Atwood, Stacy Bellew, Al Castellanos, Sean Corrigan, Brian Decaro, James Douglas, Michelle Fairbanks, Jessica Holcomb, Clark Moore, Rana Morrison, Trevor Doyle Nelson, Matthew Nicklaw, Glenn Ortman, Stephanie Owens-Carter, Romano Reyes, Mylinda Royer, Brad Schreiber, David Sharp, Andie Xshow all
“Varsity Blues” Quotes 16 quotes
“Never show weakness, the only pain that matters is the pain you inflict.”
“- Mox: I'm a good boy. I've always been good. What's my upside to being good?
[looks at box of condoms]
- Mox: I mean I'm 18 years old, it's not like I'm married to her. She invited me over. I'm just being polite, right Kyle?
- Mox: Kyle?
- Kyle Moxon: I only answer to one name. I am the Great and Honorable Al-Ali Akbar Shabaz Da.
- Mox:...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Tweeter: Hey you wanna see the new Tweeter end zone dance?
- Tweeter: You know what it's called?
- Mox: What?
- Tweeter: The new tweeter end zone dance.”
“- Mox: The male erection? Pitchin' a tent, sportin' a wood, the icicle if formed, the march is on…
- Miss Davis: That's good...
- Mox: Stiff, stiffie, Mr. Mortis, rigor mortis has set in, flesh rocket, Jack's magic beanstalk, tall Tommy, mushroom on a stick, Mr. Mushroomhead, purple-headed yogurt slinger... and, uh, Pedro.”
“We can't be afraid to lose. There's no room for fear in this game!”
Before this game started, Kilmer said "48 minutes for the next 48 years of your life". I say "fuck that". All right? Fuck that. Let's go out there, and we play the next 24 minutes for the next 24 minutes, and we leave it all out on the field. We have the rest of our lives to be mediocre, but we have the opportunity to play like gods for the next... (continue) (continue reading)
“- Tweeter: Will you listen to me? Women are all just panty droppers. You understand? That's it.
- Mox: What?
- Tweeter: Listen. You give 'em Percocet, two Vicoden and a couple of beers, and the panties fall off. This is nice. It's very nice.
- Mox: It's nice?
- Tweeter: It's nice.
- Mox: Tweeter, you think you'll enjoy prison?
- Tweeter: [not...” (continue) (continue reading)
“In America, we have laws. Laws against killing, laws against stealing. And it is just accepted that as a member of American society, you will live by these laws. In West Canaan, Texas, there is another society which has it's own laws. Football is a way of life.”
“The hard work of so many, sacrificed by the disrespect of few.”
“I'm gonna go to jail!”
“Miss Davis, would you go to the prom with me?”
“- Coach Kilmer: Give him the shot!
- Mox: If you give him that shot, you can find yourself another fucking quarterback.
- Coach Kilmer: You about ready to lose that scholarship, boy?
- Mox: If it keeps that needle out of his leg? Absolutely.
- Coach Kilmer: Good.
- Mox: Fuck it, I'm out.”
“- Billy Bob: I sure do love that dog.
- Mox: I think it's a pig.
- Billy Bob: Yeah.”