Boxing quotes29 boxing quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I figured since I was taking all the punches, only fair that you share some of the anxiety.”
“Instead of running from the pain like a sane person would do, you step into it.”
“- Dante Slate, Jr.: Come on, Evander! So the man went batshit and bit your ear off, it's not like he enjoyed it!
- Mike Tyson: It tasted like ass!”
“Use the combos, keep the feet light. This is it.”
“This walking mountain of muscle is called Sagat. He is a champion Muay Thai fighter and is considered a national hero in Thailand. Contestant number two is Balrog who's penchant for violent behavior got him permanently banned from boxing. From Spain we have Vega: He's savage, ruthless and a card-carrying psychopath.”
“- Adrian: Why did you train with Hector?
- Diana Guzman: Because I want to.
- Adrian: Aren't you afraid of getting hurt?
- Diana Guzman: What, and you're not?
- Adrian: No, it's just, it's a dangerous sport.
- Diana Guzman: I didn't make the cheerleading team.”
“- Adrian: You shouldn't hit people like that.
- Diana: I couldn't resist.”
“When I get to the table, that person, I don't care who they are, they're my mortal enemy. I hate them.”
“Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can't hit what his eyes can't see.”
“- Gabriel Caine: He's bigger than you are. He's tougher. He's faster. He's younger thant you are. He hasn't fought 22 rounds today, but remember this... you are black!
- Honey Roy Palmer: What the hell is that supposed to mean?”
“Boxing is an unnatural act. Everything in boxing is backwards: sometimes the best way to deliver a punch is to step back. But step back too far and you ain't fighting at all.”
“Boxing is about respect. Getting it for yourself, and taking it away from the other guy.”
“- Joey Popchik: I'm fighting in the Garden tomorrow night.
- Gloves Malloy: I heard it in the papers.”
“You love my black ass! You know why? Because I'm exciting. You ain't making no movie on Bob Arun, are you? It's entertainment, baby! That's all! Heroes and villains, angels and devils, shit if you didn't have Don King you would have to invent them. And for all of you out there saying this and that, remember this: many fighters step into the ring...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Luke Davenport: We go boxing. I could go as Reggie!
- Sam Simms: You could go as Michael Jordan, but you ain't going.”
Y'all probably blame me for that. If it were Bob Aram, you'd say, "There was nothing he could do". But you blame me, black devil motherfucker. Let me tell you something: Tyson will be heavyweight champ again. And this time, you'll pay twice as much to see it. Why? Because y'all part of the same hypocrisy.
“- Cesar Dominguez: I thought we were not supposed to get laid for a couple of weeks before a fight.
- Vince Boudreau: Says who?
- Cesar Dominguez: Everybody knows that. You know, it's an energy thing...
- Vince Boudreau: All the great ones got laid before they fought! I mean, the more the better, man.”
- Joseph "Sport" Sullivan: Look at those hands, ladies. You should have been a pug, Chickie.
- Arnold "Chick" Gandil: I did some fighting in my time. Once I was fighting a guy, my eyes were all bloody but I landed a lucky punch. The next thing I know I'm steppin' on something and it's the other guy's teeth. The referee raised my hand and someone... (continue)(continue reading)