Pete Postlethwaite quotes
“Women make the homes, men just make wars... and hooch. Adam was God's first draft - He got it right with Eve.”
“One cannot be betrayed if one has no people.”
Over the last ten years, this bloody government has systematically destroyed an entire industry. Our industry. And not just our industry - our communities, our homes, our lives. All in the name of "progress".
“- Giuseppe Conlon: I'm going to die.
- Gerry Conlon: Don't be saying that.
- Giuseppe Conlon: I'm scared.
- Gerry Conlon: There's no reason to be scared. You have nothing to be scared about.
- Giuseppe Conlon: Don't you be comforting me when I can see the truth staring me in the face. I'm scared I'm gonna die here.”
“I'm not a practicing Catholic now. I didn't like what the church was doing with what Jesus had said, in a way. But I wouldn't say I'm not religious.”
“- Robert Thorn: I never want to see or hear from you again.
- Father Brennan: You'll see me in hell Mr. Thorn. We'll spend eternity together.”
“- Father Brennan: I was at the hospital, Mr. Thorn, the night your son was born.
- Robert Thorn: What do you know about my son?
- Father Brennan: Everything.”
“She's a bit careless with the crockery, your Sandra!”
“- James Fitzmaurice: Could you lend me a carriage?
- Thomas Smithers: My dear James, have you nothing of your own?
- James Fitzmaurice: Taste, my dear Thomas. Taste.”
“Big pharmaceuticals are right up there with the arms dealers.”
“- James: What are they?
- Old Man: Crocodile tongues.
- James: Tongues?
- Old Man: Long, slimy crocodile tongues boiled in the skull of a dead witch for 40 days and 40 nights. And, the gizard of a pig, the fingers of a young monkey, the beak of a parrot and three spoonfuls of sugar, and then, let the moon do the rest.”
“- Peter Ludlow: Roland, there's a job for you in San Diego if you want it.
- Roland Tembo: No thank you. I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death.”
“Turn the other cheek, brother.”
“If you want me to run your little camping trip, there are two conditions: first, I'm in charge, and when I'm not around, Dieter is. All you have to do is sign the checks, tell us we're doing a good job, and open your case of scotch when we have a good day. Second condition: my fee? You can keep it. All I want in return for my services is the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Thomas Smithers: Chrome, shall we make the desert bloom?
- Meneer Chrome: First we must make the desert.”
“The truth is, I thought it mattered - I thought that music mattered. But does it bollocks? Not compared to how people matter.”
“- Phil: I love the band - we all do - but there's other things in life, you know, that's more important.
- Danny: Not in mine there isn't.”
“- Roland Tembo: Predators don't hunt when they're not hungry.
- Nick Van Owen: No, only humans do.”