Sport quotes325 sport quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Loyalty and communication are always rewarded in sports.”
“- Courtney: Why does everyone have to go on a diet?
- Sparky Polastri: Because in cheerleading we throw people into the air. And fat people don't go as high.”
“- Roy McAvoy: There's only one other acceptable theory about how to hit the ball.
- Dr. Molly Griswold: Oh, boy, well, I'm afraid to ask. What is it?
- Roy McAvoy: Grip it and rip it.”
“I hear in Canada you only have sex doggy style; that way you can both see the hockey game.”
“One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters.”
“I want you to take part in it. I want to compare faith to running in a race. It's hard. It requires concentration of will, energy of soul. You experience elation when the winner breaks the tape - especially if you've got a bet on it. But how long does that last? You go home. Maybe your dinner's burnt. Maybe you haven't got a job. So who am I to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
- Sam Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment?”
“- Jim Carr: Denis, I know that some in our audience don't know the finer points of hockey. Could you tell them, for example, what is icing?
- Denis: Well, um, icing happen when the puck come down, bang you know, before the other guys you know. Nobody there, you know. My arm go comme ça then the game stop then start up.”
“Let's open up a can of kick ass and kill them all, let the paramedics sort them out.”
“Double or nothing.”
“It’s the battle, the going to war with the other guys, hanging together, having our own dorm, staying in hotels the night before the games, setting ourselves apart, being different than everybody else, having a chance to be somebody, to do something that people look up to you for, your strength, your courage, not everybody can play football,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're gonna die, clown!”
“- Happy Gilmore: I got into this tournament for one reason: money. And now I have a new reason: kicking your ass!
- Shooter McGavin: Well, I'd like to see you try.
- Happy Gilmore: [Picks up beer bottle and smashes it in half] Let's do it, then!
- Shooter McGavin: I meant on a golf course!”
“In Boston, you are born with a baseball bat in your hand.”
“- Timo Cruz: Teachers ain't supposed to touch students.
- Coach Ken Carter: I'm not a teacher. I'm the new basketball coach.”
“You cannot separate sexuality from cheerleading.”
“- Happy Gilmore: A guy your size, why don't you play a real sport, like football?
- Chubbs: My Momma wouldn't sign the permission slip. Said it might be a little too dangerous.
- Happy Gilmore: Yeah, good call.”
“It's kinda like masturbation without the payoff.”
“You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go home? That's your home! Are you too good for your home? Answer me! Suck my white ass ball!”
“- Bobby Riggs: No offense. You're still a feminist, right?
- Billie Jean King: No, I'm a tennis player who happens to be a woman.”