Existence quotes85 existence quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank.”
“Humans consider themselves unique so they've rooted their whole theory of existence on their uniqueness.”
“We humans are more concerned with having than with being.”
“Time gives legitimacy to its existence. Time is the only true unit of measure. It gives proof to the existence of matter. Without time, we don't exist.”
“- Fred Gailey: Your Honor, every one of these letters is addressed to Santa Claus. The Post Office has delivered them. Therefore the Post Office Department, a branch of the Federal Governent, recognizes this man Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus.
- Judge Henry X. Harper: Uh, since the United States Government declares this man to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'll be in my bedroom making no noise and pretending I don't exist.”
“What is the meaning of life, Mr. Leth? So close to its end and still no answers.”
“I've been waiting my whole life, I just don't know what the hell for.”
“At times I feel like I really don't exist.”
“It's circular. You exist to continue your existence.”
Each of us... at some time in our lives, turns to someone - a father, a brother, a God... and asks... "Why am I here? What was I meant to be?".
“- The Beast: We are what we believe we are.
- Hedwig: Holy shit, this is so cool! They are gonna believe we exist now, right?
- Dennis: They are gonna have to.
- Hedwig: So, what do we do now?
- Patricia: [referring to The Beast] We trust in him. He'll protect us. Look at what he can do. Let him show the world how powerful we can be.”
“What if none of it really exists? What if it's like some big experiment and we're like ants trapped in a giant petri dish? What if there is a greater intelligence out there and it's creating everything purely as a way of stop us going insane on them? What if nothing really exists until we sense it? My room doesn't exist 'till I walk into it....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cricket: Why can't he use the church?
- Mrs. Hooten: Sometimes, people have additional questions to be answered.
- Cricket: Like what?
- Albert Markovski: Well, um, for instance: if the forms of this world die, which is more real, the me that dies or the me that's infinite?”
“We've codified our existence to bring it down to human size to make it comprehensible, we've created a scale so we can forget its unfathomable scale.”
The only real question we should ask ourselves during our existence is: "How much is a man's life worth?".
“To say yes to one instant, is to say yes to all of existence.”
“- John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
- Mary O'Brien: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.”