Lee Marvin quotes
“- Col. Everett Dasher Breed: Reisman! Some people may consider you a first-class officer. But as far as I'm concerned, you're a disorganized, undisciplined clown. I'm gonna' make it my business to run you out of this Army.
- Maj. Reisman: I owe you an apology, colonel. I always thought that you were a cold, unimaginative, tight-lipped officer....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I only make movies to finance my fishing.”
“- Vince Stone: Hey, that's nice perfume.
- Debby Marsh: Something new. It attracts mosquitoes and repels men.
- Vince Stone: It doesn't work that way with me.
- Debby Marsh: It's not supposed to.”
“Would the General mind stop playing with his choo-choo and tell me what I'm supposed to do?”
“- Arkady Renko: I always wanted to meet an American. You are so, so different. Forgive me for staring. Only once before did I ever meet an American, in the flesh, so to speak. A young student, Kirwell I think he was called. James Kirwell.
- Jack Osborne: Oh.
- Arkady Renko: But he was dead.
- Jack Osborne: That doesn't count then, does it?”
“I never went in for embroidery, just results.”
“- Jack Osborne: There's a sliver of food on your upper lip.
- Arkady Renko: I'm just a plodding investigator, no style. Completely out of my depth. Oh, yes. Three bodies, three people, shot down and mutilated in Gorky Park, and me, I have food on my lip.
- Jack Osborne: Not even caviar at that. I somehow feel that the executioner, whoever he may...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Pvt. Kaiser, 1st Squad: Did I kill the guy that killed me?
- The Sergeant: Yes.”
“For those of you who forgot, my name is Reisman. You have all volunteered for a mission that gives you three ways to go. You can foul up during training, you can foul up in action, in which case I will blow your brains out, or you can do as you're told. In which case you may just get by. This is your new home. Do not try to escape. There will be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You've got a record like a roll of toilet paper. AWOL, desertion of post, striking an NCO, refusing to take orders, drunk on duty, assaulting a superior officer, resulting in his death. And yet you managed to get yourself the Silver Star, Purple Heart, Bronze Star. You've got a lot of talent. You just don't know how to use it. But I do.”
“- Maj. Reisman: How come you speak German?
- Joseph Wladislaw: My old man came from Silesia. He didn't speak German, he didn't dig coal. If he didn't dig coal, he didn't eat.”
“- Maj. John Reisman: Tell me, son, what happened between you and the Sergeant?
- Otto Deutsch: We were in a bar. I'd been drinking. He was calling me names.
- Maj. John Reisman: That a reason to kill 'im?”
“Your father said the best part of you ran down your mama's leg.”
“- Maj. John Reisman: You hit a lieutenant in the back of the head at 220 yards. That's a nice shot.
- Arlen Dregors: The Army didn't think so.
- Maj. John Reisman: But they're prejudiced. I'm not.”
“I can understand you being horny and all, Fritz... but you have bad breath.”
“Feed the French and kill the Germans.”
“- Hazel: This Mountie here says that man should be brought in for trial. Now what are you going to do about it, Edgar?
- Sergeant Edgar Millen: I'm going to close my eyes and pray you disappear. Never had much luck prayin'.”
“- Sergeant Edgar Millen: If anyone's going to bring in Albert Johnson, it's going to be me - not some bounty hunter or some flyboy buckin' for promotion.
- Constable Alvin Adams: Why you? Why are you so special?
- Sergeant Edgar Millen: He deserves me, not them.”
“- The Pilot, Capt. Hank Tucker RCAF: I'm Captain Hank Tucker, RCAF. I've come to bring the fugitive to justice. Where's headquarters?
- Sergeant Edgar Millen: Wherever I'm standing.”