Glenn Ford quotes
“- Lt. Ted Wilks: It was bad judgment to bother a cop's widow about the love life of her husband.
- Dave Bannion: Good or bad, it was my judgment.
- Lt. Ted Wilks: You're missing the point. I'm the one that gets the pressure calls from upstairs. I'm the one that has to explain. You don't keep an office like this very long stepping on a lot of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tierney: All any of these dames owe me is a night's work, one night at a time. They come and go like flies.
- Dave Bannion: Only this fly got herself strangled.
- Tierney: These things happen, Sergeant. Outside of my place, some of these babes keep pretty shady company. It figures. They know nobody cares much what happens to 'em.”
“- Gilda: This vacuum I'm living in, mind giving me a reason?
- Johnny Farrell: Not at all. You've had such a full life up to now; I thought a little peace and quiet would do you good. Give you time to think!
- Gilda: Think about what?
- Johnny Farrell: Would it be too corny to say: your sins.
- Gilda: Yes, it would.
- Johnny Farrell: Well, I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ballin Mundson: Women are funny little creatures, Johnny.
- Johnny Farrell: Why, I don't know much about 'em.
- Ballin Mundson: Odd things are important to them.
- Johnny Farrell: Really?”
“- Johnny Farrell: From now on, you go anywhere you please, with anyone you please. But, I'm gonna take you there and I'm gonna pick you up and bring you home. Get that? Exactly the way I'd - take and pick up his laundry.
- Gilda: Shame on you, Johnny. Any psychiatrist would tell you that your thought associations are very revealing.”
“- Johnny Farrell: You're a lucky man.
- Ballin Mundson: I make my own luck.”
“- Johnny Farrell: I thought we agreed that women and gambling didn't mix.
- Ballin Mundson: My wife does not come under the category of women, Johnny.”
“- Ben Wade: I mean, I don't go around just shootin' people down... I work quiet, like you.
- Dan Evans: All right, so you're quiet like me. Well then, shut up like me.”
“- Dan Evans: Why did you do it, Ben?
- Ben Wade: I don't like owing anybody any favors. You saved my life back at the hotel. That's all right, I've broken out of Yuma before.
- Dan Evans: Well, my job's finished when I get you there.”
“What are you squeezin' that watch for? Squeezin' that watch ain't gonna stop time.”
“- Ben Wade: Hey, you know you look kind of skinny.
- Emmy: I feel skinny.
- Ben Wade: That's all right. I don't mind a skinny girl - just so she has blue eyes to make up for it. You got blue eyes?
- Emmy: Brown.
- Ben Wade: That's all right. They don't have to be blue.”
“William Holden and I weren't just good friends. He was my very best friend. I feel his loss very much still.”
“I can't frankly see much difference in the film industry at all. The only difference might be that they don't take as much time as they used to. For example, they'll do in one day what we used to take a week to do.”
“It really doesn't matter whether it's the villain or the hero. Sometimes the villain is the most colorful. But I prefer a part where you don't know what he is until the end.”
“An actor should be ready to play any role within reason. For example, I think the most ridiculous thing for me to do would be to try and play Shakespeare.”