“- Maddy: Richard, tell me. Are you an agent?
- Richard: No! But I used to have an agent.
- Maddy: No! No. Do you work for the government? Are you a spy?
- Richard: No, of course not. I'm no more a spy than you're spy.
- Maddy: Richard... I am a spy.
- Richard: You're a spy?”
“The Man with One Red Shoe” quotes(1985)
Plot – The head of the CIA Ross gets involved in a trap that his rival Cooper organized to make him go away. They both plan various ways to defend themselves and incriminate the otherone. After a series of misunderstandings and mischievous events, the board of enquiry absolves Ross. However the role of CIA’s head goes to Brown, Ross’ assistant who took advantage of the men’s mistakes to be successful.
All actors – Tom Hanks, Dabney Coleman, Lori Singer, Charles Durning, Carrie Fisher, Edward Herrmann, Jim Belushi, Irving Metzman, Tom Noonan, Gerrit Graham, David L. Lander, Ritch Brinkleyshow all
“The Man with One Red Shoe” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Paula: Remember Chicago? Fate? Kismet?
- Richard: No, I don't remember, Paula. You got me drunk.”
“- Ross: The man with one red shoe... what's going to happen to him?
- Brown: He'll be just fine.
- Ross: And the girl?
- Brown: The deal was her testimony for her freedom. I think it was a fair exchange.
- Ross: Well, I don't think so.
- Brown: Well, since you're no longer director of CIA, and I am, it doesn't matter what you think.”
“- Brown: Wouldn't it bother you to send an innocent man to his grave?
- Ross: Are you serious? We're talking about my career.
- Brown: But I'm the one who picked him, sir.
- Ross: Don't tell me you're having a guilty conscience.
- Brown: It was his shoe. I could have picked a black man with a green raincoat. There was a Japanese guy with five...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Cooper: Hulse, I want you to put a special mike on him tonight, one that isolates everything he plays from the rest of the orchestra. Carson, you link it into the GBLX 1000 computer.
- Maddy: The GBLX?
- Cooper: Yeah. That thing'll break any code.
- Maddy: But that's in control of our entire missile defense system!”