“Red Heat” quotes(1988)
Plot – The captain of the Soviet police Ivan Danko is sent on a mission to Chicago to capture Viktor Rostavili, a dangerous drug dealer who killed his best friend and colleague. In the US, the flinty Danko joins the extrovert agent Art Ridzik and the forced collaboration creates many problems. Meanwhile, Viktor sows panic in the city and challenges the two policemen.
All actors – Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Belushi, Peter Boyle, Ed O'Ross, Laurence Fishburne, Gina Gershon, Richard Bright, J.W. Smith, Brent Jennings, Gretchen Palmer, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Mike Hagerty, Brion James, Gloria Delaney, Peter Jason, Oleg Vidov, Saveliy Kramarov, Gene Scherer, Tengiz Borisoff, Roger Callard, Gábor Koncz, Géza Balkay, Zsolt Körtvélyessy, János Bán, Tiger Chung Lee, Sven-Ole Thorsen, Norbert Növényi, Istvan Etlenyi, George Gati, Peter Marikovsky, Gábor Németh, Istvan Vajas, Peter Kis, Atilla Fási, Eric Mansker, Lew Hopson, Jason Ronard, Gigi Vorgan, Allan Graf, Kurt Fuller, Bruno Alexander, Christopher Mankiewicz, Bob O'Donnell, Marjorie Bransfield, Luis Contreras, Christopher Anthony Young, William McConnell, Ed DeFusco, Joey D. Vieira, Michael Adams, Jonathan Tate, Kevin Bassett, Alexander Conte, Eric Humphrey, Jenifer Lewis, Michael Markovina, Robert Minkoffshow all
“Red Heat” Quotes 17 quotes
“Soviet method is more economical.”
“- Art Ridzik: Captain Danko, congratulations. You are now the proud owner of the most powerful handgun in the world.
- Ivan Danko: Soviet Patparine, nine-point-two milimeter, is world's most powerful handgun.
- Art Ridzik: Oh, come on, everybody knows the .44 Magnum is the big boy on the block. Why do you think Dirty Harry uses it?
- Ivan Danko:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ivan Danko: I do not understand this sport.
- Art Ridzik: You're not supposed to, it's completely American.
- Ivan Danko: We play baseball now in Soviet Union.
- Art Ridzik: Are you kidding me? This is our national pastime!”
“Very strange city. The crime is organized; the police is not.”
“We both have our codes, Vanya. Yours, one of the State. Mine, one of thieves.”
“The people have many needs. One is law and order. Other? Entertainment.”
“I thought you might be more reasonable. Money has a way of doing that to a man. But no, I don't think so. Not with you. You are one of those types of Soviets who only looks forward to death. I know you well, Vanya. Without me, you don't even exist.”
“- Art Ridzik: About this pile-of-shit pimp in here. In this country, we try to protect the rights of individuals. It's called the Miranda Act, and it says that you can't even touch his ass.
- Ivan Danko: I do not want to touch his ass. I want to make him talk!”
“I'm gonna get us something from all four food groups: hamburgers, french fries, coffee and doughnuts.”
“- Art Ridzik: Tell me something, Captain. If you've got such a fucking paradise over there, how come you're up the same creek as we are with heroin and cocaine?
- Ivan Danko: Chinese find way. Right after revolution, they round up all drug dealers, all drug addicts, take them to public square, and shoot them in back of head.
- Art Ridzik: Ah,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ivan Danko: Tea, please.
- Art Ridzik: In a glass, with lemon, right?
- Ivan Danko: Yes.
- Art Ridzik: Yeah. I saw Dr. Zhivago.”
“- Cat Manzetti: Fuck you.
- Art Ridzik: No, I think I have a headache and good taste.”