“The Stunt Man” quotes(1980)
Plot – Lucky Camerin is a wanted Vietnam veteran who starts working as a film industry’s stunt performer. The director Eli Cross is crazy and plans to shoot war movies with extremely dangerous scenes. On the set, Lucky starts dating Nina, the leading actress, who makes him realize how risky the situation is becoming.
All actors – Peter O'Toole, Steve Railsback, Barbara Hershey, Allen Garfield, Alex Rocco, Sharon Farrell, Adam Roarke, Philip Bruns, Charles Bail, John Garwood, Jim Hess, John Pearceshow all
“The Stunt Man” Quotes 23 quotes
“In 22 seconds, I could break your fucking spine. In 22 seconds, I could pinch your head off like a fucking insect and spin it all over the fucking pavement. In 22 seconds, I could put 22 bullets inside your ridiculous gut. What I seem unable to do in 22 seconds is to keep you from fucking up my film!”
“- Police Chief Jake: Hey Bert, it's amazing you're still alive, considering who you are working for.
- Eli Cross: Come on Bert. We've time to kill you yet.”
“If you cooperate, you'll receive a first-class ticket to Amsterdam where you can stick your finger in a dike.”
- Eli Cross: We need something, Sam, and damn well you know it. Something better.
- Sam: Better? How better?
- Eli Cross: Something less boring. Something crazier.
- Sam: A dead man's boots are dropped over his own airfield out of chivalry. That's not crazy enough for you, huh?
- Eli Cross: They did it in a film called "Wings". Even the dummy... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sam: Eli, do you know that when I read the insane asylum scene to my family... do you know that my oldest son shook my hand for the first time in his whole life? So why is it, Eli, why is it that your vulgar little scene turns out to be so much more moving? So much more impassioned?
- Eli Cross: Ah, I don't know, Sam. Possibly because we...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cameron: If you want to get home for Thanksgiving, you better figure the guy coming at you is trying to kill you. Learned that from the gooks.
- Eli Cross: Gooks? That has a nostalgic ring. You really did call them gooks? I thought that was just Time Magazine.”
- Eli Cross: The scene's wrong. That's what's wrong.
- Sam: The scene plays like a dream. Plays like "Marat/Sade".
- Eli Cross: It was shit.
- Sam: Shit? Shit, huh? Who was that that called me on the phone when he first read it, woke me up in the middle of the goddamn night, raving about the magical madhouse scene? Who was that? My upstairs maid... (continue)(continue reading)
“Burt, stop this worrying. You must have heard surely of movie magic. You should be a stunt man, who is an actor, who is a character in a movie, who is an enemy soldier. Who'll look for you amongst all those? People like to believe in things, and policemen are just people. Or so I'm told. Frankly, our problem is so simple it's almost beneath us....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I knew daredevils, and I ain't got nothin' against them, it's just they're all dead.”
“- Eli Cross: He helps me to understand the young man in the film.
- Sam: Bullshit.
- Eli Cross: True.”