Psychology quotes94 psychology quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Latrelle Williamson: I know you're gay, Ty! I've known you're gay since you were five years old and you wanted that doll Suzy Q for Christmas instead of the dump truck that your daddy wanted to buy you! I know you're gay, Ty, I've always known, but could we just please bury your grandmother and get on with life? Huh? Could we? Because I think...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Anorexia is an awful thing, but you get yourself into it, and only you can get yourself out of it.”
“Good night and sweet dreams... which we'll analyze at breakfast.”
“- Mr. Harrington: Just making rounds, seeing if anyone needs any emotional counseling after today's traumatic events.
- Peter Parker: No we're okay. We're- we're fine. Thank you.
- Mr. Harrington: Great. 'Cause, I'm not- I'm not qualified.”
“The hopeless dream of being - not seeming, but being. At every waking moment, alert. The gulf between what you are with others and what you are alone. The vertigo and the constant hunger to be exposed, to be seen through, perhaps even wiped out. Every inflection and every gesture a lie, every smile a grimace. Suicide? No, too vulgar. But you can...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If I talk to you, and you turn me into a fag... I'm gonna kill you , you understand?”
“- Sabina Spielrein: When my father brought me to you I was very ill and my illness was sexual. It's clear that the subject I'm studying is entirely grounded in sexuality so naturally I'm becoming more and more acutely awake of the fact that I have no sexual experience.
- Carl Jung: Law students are not normally expected to rob banks.”
“- Martin Riggs: Biter has a psychology degree?
- Roger Murtaugh: More like a psycho degree.”
“- Zach: Give me a suggestion because I know you've got one. I can see it in those beady little Freudian eyes.
- Dr. Westford: If an alcoholic wants me to cure him, you know what I say?
- Zach: That's a question. That's not a suggestion... Okay. What do you say?
- Dr. Westford: First, stop drinking.
- Zach: I don't get it.
- Dr. Westford: Go home...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marriage Counselor: How often do you have sex?
- Jane Smith: I don't understand the question.”
“He began to think and speak for her, give her half his time, so to speak. At times he could be both personalities, carry on conversations. At other times, the mother half took over completely. Now he was never all Norman, but he was often only mother. And because he was so pathologically jealous of her, he assumed that she was jealous of him....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Amanda: Why are you talking to your therapist about me?
- Jade: She says I talk too much about myself.”
“- Toula: Your hip is better. The physicotherapy is working.
- Gus: It's not that therapy. I can fix it myself [puts some Windex in his pants].
- Toula: Of course.”
“Eggiwegs...I would like to smash 'em, and pick 'em all up and throw...owww!! Fucking hell!”
“You know what kind of power people hand over to shrinks. Well, maybe sometimes they hand over more than they want too!”