Seriousness quotes31 seriousness quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I guess ultimately a lot of comedians just wanna be taken seriously.”
“Maggie Smith is an amazing woman, and not as serious in real life.”
“- Gabi Silva: Why you don't take me seriously?
- Larry Bejerano: Seriously?
- Gabi Silva: Yeah.
- Larry Bejerano: This entire relationship is based upon me *not* taking you seriously.”
“I often do very serious roles, but really I am a big clown.”
“- Annie: I promised Elvis he could help. I even did a spit shake.
- Glenn: You did a spit shake with someone? Man that is serious.”
“- D'Artagnan: Why's Athos sitting by himself?
- Aramis: He takes his drinking very seriously. Not to worry; he'll be his usual charming self by morning.”
“You don't have to take yourself so seriously all the time.”
“I thought if I wanted people to take me seriously, I needed to act serious and not reveal too much of my private life.”
“It would be terribly boring to be earnest.”
“I love doing comedy, and I don't get a chance to much. I get to play lots of serious people and killers.”
“Every actor should take work seriously, that's why they're actors.”
“I think you should take your job seriously, but not yourself - that is the best combination.”
“- Lynn Faulkner: We're lucky, right now we are.
- Juvenal: You sound very solemn.
- Lynn Faulkner: Yeah, I have to watch that. The most important thing you can do in life is to not take it too seriously.”
“- Skip Donahue: She's not for you.
- Harry Monroe: What do you mean, she's not for me?
- Skip Donahue: Harry, Nancy is a fascinating girl. She may be the single hottest girl on the East Side. But when you wake up in the morning you'll find that she's not a very serious person.
- Harry Monroe: Neither am I!”
“Being serious doesn't mean you have to be solemn.”
“The American Revolution was not a goddamned vaudeville show!”
“- Bailiff: The case is about custody of a dog.
- Judge Cranfield: All right, I'll take it, but we have to do this seriously. I will not have my courtroom turned into some kind of a circus.”