Charles Durning quotes
“Cut the crap. I don't have all day. It's been 20 years since my last confession. I had a lot of things to do.”
“It behooves both the Jews and the Arabs to settle their differences in a Christian manner!”
“- Lloyd Hopkins: Penny's gonna fly. The wings are there, and they're big.
- Dutch Peltz: You better hope the tits are there, and they're big too. She'll get farther in this world with a pair of those.”
“I was doing judo before anybody knew it existed in this country.”
“I was born looking older - and I've been aging since I was a teenager.”
“- Les: Why'd you do it?
- Michael Dorsey: I needed the work.
- Les: The only reason you're still breathing is because I never kissed you.”
“- Doc Hopper: What does it do?
- Professor Max Krassman: What does it do? What does it do? It turns the brains into guacamole!”
“- Charley: The only thing you got in this world is what you can sell. And the funny thing is that you're a salesman and you don't know that.
- William 'Willy' Loman: Well, I've always tried to think otherwise, I guess. I always felt - that if a man was impressive, and well liked, that nothing...
- Charley: Why must everybody like you? Who liked...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You knew that whore and you didn't tell anyone. You're a priest, a priest. How's that going to look in the papers.”
“Vat do you mean you haven't got proof? Dat is no excuse! Arrezt zem! Vat? Vere? Vy? Ven? From now on, ven in doubt, arrezt zem! Arrezt zem! Arrezt zem! Arrezt zem! Zen shoot zem and interrogate zem! Oh, you are right, just shoot zem!”
“- Ross: The man with one red shoe... what's going to happen to him?
- Brown: He'll be just fine.
- Ross: And the girl?
- Brown: The deal was her testimony for her freedom. I think it was a fair exchange.
- Ross: Well, I don't think so.
- Brown: Well, since you're no longer director of CIA, and I am, it doesn't matter what you think.”
“What a culture can't assimilate, it destroys.”
“Willy was a salesman. And for a salesman, there is no rock bottom to the life. He don't put a bolt to a nut, and tell you the law or give you medicine. He's a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back - that's an earthquake. And then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Opinions are like assholes, honey. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks.”
“- Doc Hopper: Isn't that splendid? Just splendid! Just take a look at it.
- Kermit the Frog: All I can see are millions of frogs with tiny crutches.”
“No man only needs a little salary.”