“Running Scared” quotes(1986)
Plot – Ray Hughes and Danny Costanzo are two detectives in a particularly rough Chicago neighborhood. They are both sloppy and arrogant, but also intrepid and wary and they live a reckless and chaotic life. Ray dedicates his free time to having flings, Danny instead is an incurable nostalgic who is still in love with his ex-wife Anna. After capturing Julio Gonzales, drug lord and local crime boss, they earn a holiday-reward in Florida, only to find upon their return that Gonzales is now free, just as they have discovered the arrival of a large drug batch.
All actors – Gregory Hines, Billy Crystal, Steven Bauer, Darlanne Fluegel, Joe Pantoliano, Dan Hedaya, Jon Gries, Tracy Reed, Jimmy Smits, John DiSanti, Larry Hankin, Don Calfashow all
“Running Scared” Quotes 19 quotes
“Julio don't work for nobody. His boss had an accident, he fell on a knife four times.”
“- Danny Costanzo: Why weren't we on that track?
- Ray Hughes: Oh, now you're going to criticize my driving?
- Danny Costanzo: Well, it's just that you get to do all the dangerous stuff, and I get to parallel park.”
“- Anna: You can't be a kid your whole life, you're gonna have to grow up!
- Danny Costanzo: Why? I don't like grown-ups.”
“- Maryann: How did you find me?
- Ray Hughes: I'm a detective. I find people all the time.”
“- Ray Hughes: The sun sets every night!
- Julie: Yeah, and we come out every night to watch it. Isn't it beautiful?”
“Danny is working on his next ex-wife.”
“Hey, I'm a paisan', huh? What did ya expect? What do you want me to do, want me to cook you up a pile of Ragù? You want me to sweat garlic for you? Huh? Sing an opera? Lose a war? Huh?”
“- Danny Costanzo: What's wrong with being careful?
- Captain Logan: Careful gets you killed in this line of work. You think about getting shot and you get shot.”
“How come the bad guys always have the good cars?”
“- Danny Costanzo: He's gonna do this!
- Ray Hughes: Alright, then we let him kill us, that's what he wants anyway, there's a certain dignity in that, as long as we keep on our pants!”
- Lab Technician at Airport: This is real shit. This coke is pure shit.
- Ray Hughes: It's good shit, right?
- Lab Technician at Airport: I mean bad shit.
- Ray Hughes: Bad shit like, "this shit is bad"?
- Lab Technician at Airport: It's shit shit. This shit isn't worth shit. There's barely enough coke in here to attract the dogs. Anybody caught... (continue)(continue reading)