Mistake quotes429 mistake quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm saying you've already done plenty of things to regret, you just don't know what they are. It's when you discover them, when you see the folly in something you've done, and you wish that you had it do over, but you know you can't, because it's too late. So you pick that thing up, and carry it with you to remind you that life goes on, the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Trunchbull: You have brats yourself?
- Mr. Wormwood: Yeah, I got a boy, Mikey, and one mistake, Matilda.
- Trunchbull: They're all mistakes, children! Filthy, nasty things. Glad I never was one.”
“The only mistake I ever made was to appoint a sniveling little weasel like you Secretary of Defense. However, that is a mistake, I am happy to say, that I don't have to live with. Mr. Nimzicki... you're fired.”
“Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.”
“- Wiseman: When you removed the book from the cradle, did you speak the words?
- Ash: Yeah, basically.
- Wiseman: Did you speak the exact words?
- Ash: Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.”
“One thing about how the media likes to show us at our worst is, you figure why be on best behavior all the time when all it takes is one slip-up?”
“Am I not a man? And is a man not stupid? I'm a man, so I married. Wife, children, house, everything. The full catastrophe.”
- Buddy Threadgoode: Think about all the millions of oysters lying around on the bottom of the ocean. Then one day, God comes along and he says "I think I'm gonna make that one different”. And you know what he does? He puts a little piece of sand in it. And guess what it can do that the others can't.
- Idgie Threadgoode: What?
- Buddy... (continue)(continue reading)
“You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!”
“- Violet Newstead: I guess I must've made a mistake.
- Doralee Rhodes: You steal the wrong body from the hospital and all you can say is I must have made a mistake!
- Violet Newstead: It could happen to anyone.”
“- Madison Bell: So, what you're saying is that making love to me was a mistake?
- Ben Cronin: Yes.”
“The freak with the top hat is leaving with the basketball.”
“My biggest mistake was my best lesson... you don't learn anything when everything is going perfectly.”
“If I cut everyone in my life who made a mistake, I wouldn’t have anyone left.”
“Maybe the mistake we make is thinking our parents will change. And maybe they did a better job than we give them credit for. And maybe there, amid all the crap they dumped on us, are some things worth keeping. Like a passion for something you never knew you had. Or the ability to constantly surround yourself with people who love you.”