“The Mirror Crack'd” quotes(1980)
Plot – American director Jason Rudd has rent a British castle to shoot a movie about British history. During the welcome party, his former wife - Lola Brewstel - breaks into and argues fiercely with Marina Grag, Jason's current girlfriend. Marina's nurse is poisoned and a Scotland Yard inspector relies on his aunt Miss Marple, an experienced detective, to solve the case.
All actors – Angela Lansbury, Wendy Morgan, Margaret Courtenay, Charles Gray, Maureen Bennett, Carolyn Pickles, Eric Dodson, Charles Lloyd Pack, Richard Pearson, Thick Wilson, Pat Nye, Peter Woodthorpeshow all
“The Mirror Crack'd” Quotes 9 quotes
“- Lola Brewster: You seem lovely, as always. Of course, there are fewer lights on than usual. In fact, any fewer, and I'd need a seeing-eye dog.
- Marina Rudd: Oh, I shouldn't bother to buy one, dear. In that wig, you could play Lassie.
- Lola Brewster: Same adorable sense of humor. And I'm so glad to see that you've not only kept your gorgeous...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What are you supposed to be, a birthday cake? Too bad everybody's had a piece.”
“Marty Fenn's a producer. He only lies when he speaks.”
“- Inspector Delbert Craddock: I heard the two of them are close. Is that true?
- Ella Zielinsky: Close? If you put the two of them together in a tank with a shark, the shark would have an identity crisis.”
“- Vicar: Oh, Mr. Rudd. I understand that you are a film producer.
- Jason Rudd: Oh, no, sir. A director.
- Vicar: Is there any difference?
- Jason Rudd: Yes, sir. The producer supplies all the money; the director spends it. Then the producer yells that the director is spending too much money; the director doesn't pay any attention, and goes...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jason Rudd: She's dead.
- Miss Jane Marple: I rather suspected as much. And you?
- Jason Rudd: I killed her. I put poison in her hot chocolate last night. It was inevitable she would have been discovered. I... couldn't let her face the humiliation. She suffered enough.
- Miss Jane Marple: You must have loved her very much.”
“- Lola Brewster: I couldn't wait to begin our little movie. You know the saying: once an actress, always an actress.
- Marina Rudd: Oh, I do know the saying. But what does it have to do with you?
- Lola Brewster: Cute angel. So do tell. How does it feel to be back, after being away so long?”
“- Marina Rudd: Lola, dear, you know, there are really only two things I dislike about you.
- Lola Brewster: Really? What are they?
- Marina Rudd: Your face.”