“The Long Good Friday” quotes(1980)
Plot – Harold Sand is the head of a London criminal gang that sees its traffic hampered by a series of attacks against his men. At first Sand believes that it is rival gangsters who are getting in his way. However, he soon discovers that the IRA has sided against him. Political issues take a back seat in this film, which aims above all to create strong suspense and uses Hoskins' excellent performance.
All actors – Paul Freeman, Leo Dolan, Kevin McNally, Patti Love, P.H. Moriarty, Derek Thompson, Bryan Marshall, Bob Hoskins, Helen Mirren, Ruby Head, Charles Cork, Olivier Pierreshow all
“The Long Good Friday” Quotes 26 quotes
“- Jeff: I wanna lick every inch of you...
- Victoria: Saved by the bell. Goodnight.”
“I'm setting up the biggest deal in Europe with the hardest organization since Hitler stuck as swastika on his jockstrap.”
“Don't treat me like one of your thugs!”
“Our country's not an island any more. This is the decade in which London will become Europe's capital, having cleared away the out-dated. We've got mile after mile or acre after acre of land for our future prosperity. No other city in the world has got, right at its centre, such an opportunity for profitable progress.”
“- Harold: It's my manor!
- Parky: Not anymore Harold, they're taking it away from you.”
“Remember, scare the shit out of them, but don't damage them. I want them conscious and talkative. And lads, try and be discreet, eh?”
“It's Good Friday. Have a Bloody Mary.”
“- Harold: Don't you ever worry about your liver?
- Jeff: Nah, we're just good friends.”
“The Mafia? I've shit them.”
“- Harold: Listen, I wouldn't hurt you for the world.
- Victoria: I'm so scared, Harold. I don't want to die. Don't let them kill us.
- Harold: You won't die. It's alright. It'll be alright.”
“Don't you ever tell me what I can or can't do! Bent law can be tolerated for as long as they're lubricating, but you have become definitely parched. If I was you, I'd run for cover and close the hatch, because you're gonna wind up on one of those meat hooks, my son.”
“No one's heard nothing? That just isn't natural. It's like one of them silent, deadly farts. No clue, and then pow, you go cross-eyed.”
“- Harold: Who's having a go at me? Can you think of anyone who might have an old score to settle or something?
- Razors: Who's big enough to take you on?
- Harold: Well, there were a few.
- Razors: Like who?
- Harold: Yeah, they're all dead.”
“- Harold: Tell them what your name is.
- Razors: Razors.
- Harold: Or as the youth of today call him, the human spirograph.”
“These people deserve more than dogshit on the doorstep.”
- Casino Manager: It was a good night. Nothing unusual.
- Harold: "Nothing unusual", he says! Eric's been blown to smithereens, Colin's been carved up, and I've got a bomb in my casino, and you say nothing unusual?
“You're a bastard, Harold Shand, a vicious bastard.”
“You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday!”
“For more than ten years there's been peace - everyone to his own patch. We've all had it sweet. I've done every single one of you favours in the past - I've put money in all your pockets. I've treated you well, even when you was out of order, right? Well now there's been an eruption.”
“- Harold: What the hell was Colin doing with a Lime'ouse minicab driver in Belfast?
- Jeff: Colin can't drive.
- Harold: Oh, that makes sense.”