Dame Angela Lansbury quotes
“I keep telling you not to think! You're very, very good at a great many things, but thinking, hon', just simply isn't one of them.”
“- Balloon Lady: Of course, the grown-ups will all forget by tomorrow.
- Mary Poppins: They always do.”
“You've forgotten what it's like... to be a child.”
“- Lumiere: Impress her with your rapier wit.
- Mrs. Potts: But be gentle.
- Lumiere: Shower her with compliments.
- Mrs. Potts: But be sincere.
- Lumiere: And above all.
- Lumiere, Mrs. Potts: You must control your temper!”
“- Granny: Get ye back to Hell from whence ye came!
- Huntsman: I don't come from Hell, I come from the forest.”
“Frenchmen aren't afraid of good strong sex!”
“- Jason Rudd: She's dead.
- Miss Jane Marple: I rather suspected as much. And you?
- Jason Rudd: I killed her. I put poison in her hot chocolate last night. It was inevitable she would have been discovered. I... couldn't let her face the humiliation. She suffered enough.
- Miss Jane Marple: You must have loved her very much.”
“- Rosaleen: I'd never let a man strike me.
- Granny: Oh, they're nice as pie until they've had their way with you. But once the bloom is gone... oh, the beast comes out.”
“- Dimitri: I don't want your money.
- Dowager Empress Marie: What do you want then?
- Dimitri: Unfortunately, nothing you can give.”
Walt Disney described the art of animation as a voyage of discovery, into the realms of color, sound, and motion. The music from Igor Stravinsky's ballet "The Firebird" inspires such a voyage.
“- Anastasia: I remember now how much I loved them.
- Dowager Empress Marie: They would not want us to live in the past, not now that we have found each other.”
“- Chip: Mama, there's a girl in the castle!
- Mrs. Potts: Now Chip, I'll not have you making up such wild stories.
- Chip: Really, Mama, I saw her!
- Mrs. Potts: Not another word, into the tub.
- Chip: [Mrs. Potts lifts Chip into the tub] But. What?
- Featherduster: A girl! I saw a girl in the castle!”
“- Beast: She's so beautiful, and I'm. Well, look at me!
- Mrs. Potts: Oh, must help her to see past all that.
- Beast: I don't know how.
- Mrs. Potts: Well, you can start by making yourself more presentable. Straighten up. Try to act like a gentleman.”