“Death on the Nile” quotes(1978)
Plot – Linnet Doyle is a young billionaire and is traveling on a boat on the Nile with her husband Lionel for their honeymoon. On the cruise there are also many other characters who, for a reason or another, hate the billionaire. There are a Linnet's uncle who's interested in her heritage, a writer who has been sued by Linnet, an old lady with her waitress, a young man, Linnet's waitress and finally the famous detective Hercule Poirot. Everyone, except Poirot, wants Linnet dead. The girl in fact is found murdered in her cabin and Poirot starts to invetigate. When the trip is shattered by other two crimes, the detective discovers the culprit.
All actors – Peter Ustinov, Jane Birkin, Lois Chiles, Bette Davis, Mia Farrow, Jon Finch, Olivia Hussey, I.S. Johar, George Kennedy, Angela Lansbury, Simon MacCorkindale, David Nivenshow all
“Death on the Nile” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Jacqueline De Bellefort: Simon was mine and he loved me, then she came along and... sometimes, I just want to put this gun right against her head, and ever so gently, pull the trigger. When I hear that sound more and more...
- Hercule Poirot: I know how you feel. We all feel like that at times. However, I must warn you, mademoiselle: Do not...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mrs. Van Schuyler: How would a little trip down the Nile suit you?
- Miss Bowers: There is nothing I would dislike more. There are two things in the world I can't abide: it's heat and heathens.
- Mrs. Van Schuyler: Good. Then we'll go. Bowers, pack.”
“Frenchmen aren't afraid of good strong sex!”
“- Mrs. Van Schuyler: Shut up, Bowers. Just because you've got a grudge against her, or rather her father, no need to be uncivil.
- Miss Bowers: Grudge? Melhuish Ridgeway ruined my family!
- Mrs. Van Schuyler: Well, you should be grateful. If he hadn't, you would have missed out on the pleasure of working for me.
- Miss Bowers: I could kill her...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Andrew Pennington: What the hell is going on?
- Hercule Poirot: We're going through your private papers, sir, isn't that obvious?”
“- Mrs. Van Schuyler: You perfectly foul French upstart!
- Hercule Poirot: Belgian upstart, please, madame.”
- Colonel Race: What are you thinking?
- Hercule Poirot: I was thinking of Molière: "La grande ambition des femmes est d'inspirer l'amour".
- Colonel Race: I wish you'd speak some known language...
- Hercule Poirot: "The great ambition of women is to inspire love".
“- Hercule Poirot: Mon Dieu, j'ai faim.
- Colonel Race: Poirot! You have a woman?
- Hercule Poirot: Not femme, faim! I am... peckish.”
“Temper, temper, Bowers!”
“It's more than likely, it has been my experience that men are least attracted to women who treat them well.”
“- Mr. Ferguson: You damn froggy eavesdropper.
- Hercule Poirot: Belgian! Belgian eavesdropper!”
“Rules are made to be broken. At least mine are by me.”
“- Mrs. Van Schuyler: Oh, they're beautiful!
- Linnet Ridgeway: Thank you.
- Mrs. Van Schuyler: And extraordinary, if you know how they're made. A tiny piece of grit finds it's way into an oyster, which then becomes a pearl of great price, hanging around the neck, of a pretty girl like you.
- Linnet Ridgeway: I never thought of it that way.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)